My $200 Purchase!

Started by Dex, December 04, 2008, 03:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex

Im proud of my new $200 purchase! I would say I got the deal! Brand new Stainless. It is seasoning as we speak  ;D Its pretty cold out right now (24 degrees,) So Im also testing it to see how hot I can get it when its cold. When I start smoking, I will most likely have it in my garage with the door open so it will be out of the wind.

West Coast Sausage Maker

welcome to the forums.  Great deal BTW

Mike
soylent green is people

Smokin Soon

Better crack the vent to at least half or better and watch for any smoke backing up through the smoke generator. Gotta start ya off right!

Dex

Quote from: Smokin Soon on December 04, 2008, 03:26:11 PM
Better crack the vent to at least half or better and watch for any smoke backing up through the smoke generator. Gotta start ya off right!

It is. I took these pics before the seasoning began. I have my wife hooked already. Its only wood in there and she says "open up the door a little bit to let some of that smell in! It smells good!" (remember, its only 24 outside  ;D)

Mr Walleye

Looks great Dex!

It sure is shinny!  8)

Ya musta had to us a gun to get that deal!  ::)  :D

Keep us posted...

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Dex

Quote from: Mr Walleye on December 04, 2008, 03:55:40 PM
Looks great Dex!

It sure is shinny!  8)

Ya musta had to us a gun to get that deal!  ::)  :D

Keep us posted...

Mike

Hahah... nope, just at the right place at the right time! Found it on Craigslist!

begolf25

Welcome aboard Dex. That is a great deal! Happy smoking!

Bryan

KyNola

Dex Dex Dex,
That is great.  Congratulations.  Dude you are so in.  The wife is already asking you to open the door so she can smell the smoke?  Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Start teaching her how to mix up curing rubs and how to apply them.  That's what I did and now she says when are WE making more bacon?

Good times and good food ahead for you.
KyNola

Dex

Quote from: KyNola on December 04, 2008, 06:28:58 PM
Dex Dex Dex,
That is great.  Congratulations.  Dude you are so in.  The wife is already asking you to open the door so she can smell the smoke?  Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Start teaching her how to mix up curing rubs and how to apply them.  That's what I did and now she says when are WE making more bacon?

Good times and good food ahead for you.
KyNola

Even better, she is the one that bought the smoker for me! Early Christmas gift - I dont think she knows what she is in for  ;D

Smoking Duck

Great deal, Dex.  I expect the inside of that thing to be black as coal in less than a week!  :o ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Dex

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 05, 2008, 06:39:45 AM
Great deal, Dex.  I expect the inside of that thing to be black as coal in less than a week!  :o ;D

I shall try my best!

drano

Dex,
Welcome, and congrats on that awsome price!

Totally off topic--but if its 24 degrees, I'd suggest removing that water hose from the faucet so you don't freeze the waterline inside the house.  I've spent a few winters up north, and thats always a quick way to make a lot of work a homeowner dosen't really need. 

Enjoy the smoker.  Now you can add a PID, a fan,  . . .

drano

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smokin Soon on December 04, 2008, 03:26:11 PM

He has the V-tray in the right way!!!

Dex, good steal, I mean deal, like they said your in for a bunch of fun and some mighty tasty food. If Momma's Happy everybody's Happy!!!
Just remember this when starting out "You can always add more smoke Next time you do it, but you CANT take smoke away this time" In other words find out what your smoke flavor tolerance is and don't over do it. Always keep the vent open when applying smoke, closing the vent DOES NOT add more smoke flavor.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Great deal Dex!

We expect to see Christmas dinner coming out of it...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

hillbillysmoker

Great deal. Welcome to the forum. Plenty of friendly folks here who love to help or share. I know you will enjoy your time here.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes