Author Topic: Salmon.... Kummok's Salmon!  (Read 9115 times)

Offline Mr Walleye

• Member Extraordinaire
Re: Salmon.... Kummok's Salmon!
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 08:00:09 pm »
Looks great Nick!  ;)

Ya just gotta give Kummok credit... his recipe just plain rocks!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Offline nickld

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 09:12:15 pm »
Thanks Mike!

Kudos to Kummok for sure! The recipe is a good base to start from and improvise. His technique for temperature/time control works like a charm. With the PID it was almost hands off! I did skin the fish this time and used the jerky racks sprayed with Pam... It was fairly easy to get the pieces off by jiggling them a bit until they came free... After cooling I vacuum sealed the best looking pieces to freeze and ate a couple of the others after sitting out for a while. I believe the flavor balances and improves quite a bit even after a couple of hours! The rest of the not-so-pretty pieces went into the refrigerator. I think I'll flake them up and make a nice pasta alfredo for dinner tomorrow!   :P

Offline nickld

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008, 09:34:35 pm »
Didn't get around to making a "real" supper tonight but I was able to do some more salmon in the OBS...

Just the first pieces to come out... There's a few fat boogers but there's some flavor in those fat boogers! Sent a pic to my brother and he said the looked kind of charred. Was kind of my goal really. I air dried with a fan for until I got a nice pellicle and then painted the top surfaces with some good pure maple syrup. I really like the edges. Kind of like maple salmon candy!!!   ;D 

Cheers

~Nick

Offline Mr Walleye

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008, 06:52:07 am »
Nick... They look fantastic!  8)

Tell your brother there's none for him!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Offline pensrock

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008, 01:52:18 pm »
Last batch I made, I told everyone they didn't come out any good. Needless to say they did not believe me.  :)