need a new motor

Started by angus mcblack, December 08, 2008, 09:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angus mcblack

anyone know where to get replacement motors? i ordered from panosonic and it has the same part number but it does not fit onto the arm and has 2 prongs instead of wires with a plug. i have looked pretty extensivley on the internet and have had no exact matches. need some help.

NePaSmoKer

Contact Bryan at Yard And Pool (click the Y&P link at the bottom)
He might be able to help you.

nepas

pensrock

I sure Bryan can help you, but if its still under warrenty call Bradley. They most likly will send you one right out.

Habanero Smoker

Also do a search on the forum. It may be hard to find, but both the part number, and supplier are listed some wheres.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

angus mcblack

warranty is up. had this for about 5 years and have bought a new generator once. dont think i will buy another for $170. i would think there is a motor out there somewhere myself. may have to just go back to the brinkman dome smoker. ugh!

Mr Walleye

Quote from: angus mcblack on December 08, 2008, 02:21:25 PM
warranty is up. had this for about 5 years and have bought a new generator once. dont think i will buy another for $170. i would think there is a motor out there somewhere myself. may have to just go back to the brinkman dome smoker. ugh!

Wow! $170 for a generator???

I agree with NePas and Pens. Get hold of Bryan at Yard and Pool. Here is a link to a new generator on his site. It's $89.

http://www.yardandpool.com/Bradley-Smoker-Replacement-Smoke-Generator---Black-p1106.html

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: angus mcblack on December 08, 2008, 09:34:56 AM
anyone know where to get replacement motors? i ordered from panosonic and it has the same part number but it does not fit onto the arm and has 2 prongs instead of wires with a plug. i have looked pretty extensivley on the internet and have had no exact matches. need some help.

Try The Yard and Pool if they do not have them you can order it direct from Bradley.
I would recomend talking to the service Tech. You may have an old style motor the new ones might have a different connection for the wires

angus mcblack

Last night I took the Panasonic motor I had bought and made some modifications on the plastic knob with a dremel tool making it fit on the rotator arm. I cut the plug wires from the old motor and stripped the ends and soldered them to the prongs on the new. Worked great. I am back in business. Be smoking again for the holidays. Thanks for the responses

manxman

QuoteTry The Yard and Pool if they do not have them you can order it direct from Bradley.
I would recomend talking to the service Tech. You may have an old style motor the new ones might have a different connection for the wires

Wonder if it is worth making this a "sticky" .......... think this has to be done by admin or moderator?

Nice to see Bradley PR coming in with help on this subject that has appeared on quite a few occasions over the years.

Spare motors have been available in the UK for a while now for anyone that needs one, see:

http://shop.bradleysmoker.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=4&cat=Bradley+Smoker+Spare+Parts

£8:50 each at moment.
Manxman