Smoked some eggs today

Started by KDX, December 29, 2004, 11:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDX

I cold smoked some hard boiled eggs today. Three maple pucks (and two Bubbas). They turned out pretty good. I would definitely do them again.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

KDX

No shell. Although I just ate them with salt and pepper, I would imagine that an egg salad sandwich would have been good.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I would imagine that an egg salad sandwich would have been good.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well talking about egg salad and I have to tell what I do. When I smoke chickens I always smoke one extra one. I chop up all of the meat and add it to my egg salad. Give it a day or so and man you will think you are in egg salad heaven.

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

whitetailfan

Hey Olds,
If you wind up smoking chicken~~~may I suggest that you are leaving your eggs in the smoker a little too long[;)]

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Chez Bubba

OK, while we're on the chicken & egg topic:

A buddy of mine at work cooked up a turkey for family Christmas. Before putting it in the oven, he slid a cornish game hen into the cavity.

When the family was gathered at the table & he began carving, he said "Oops, it looks like this one must have been pregnant!", & pulls out the cornish hen.[}:)][;)][:D]

His oldest daughter is 25 and a little "blonde", and she absolutely freaked. It took him 20 minutes to convince her that poultry lay eggs and don't get pregnant per se.

I can't wait to try it out on my nieces & nephews![:D][}:)][:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Warrior

After you smoke them try them deviled.  OMG are the good.  I only smoke for one puck, then slice them length wise and scoop out the yoke and mix with mayo and some spices and then put it back into the eggs...  Very nice...

JJC

Speaking of pregnant turkeys, has anybody heard of something called "turducken"?  Supposed to be a turkey turkey stuffed with a duck that has been stuffed with a chicken . . . is that for real or a joke someone is playing on me?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Speaking of pregnant turkeys, has anybody heard of something called "turducken"? Supposed to be a turkey turkey stuffed with a duck that has been stuffed with a chicken . . . is that for real or a joke someone is playing on me?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi John, the author of the River Cottage Meat book that you have did a medieval roast over the Christmas period that was featured on UK television...... it was a TEN bird roast with one inside another!

See:

www.rivercottage.net/ - 10k - 26 Dec 2005 -

Look under seasonal recipes, there is a video clip for downloading as well.

All the birds were de-boned and included turkey, goose, farmed duck, wild mallard, guinea fowl, checken, pheasant, partridge, pigeon and woodcock.

He also made a home made smoker and did a whole range of fabulous other food!

Manxman.
Manxman

IKnowWood

"Turduckin" yes, seen it a few times on Food Network.  A Southern thing I think.  D-boned and opened, then stuffed Chcken in Duck in Turkey.  Then stiched back up and cooked. When its wrapped all up it looks like a regular Roasted Turkey.  Since it is Boned, the slice it and each slice has each item in it.  

I never had it myself but in-laws have seen it at a party once.

The Medina's in Maryland's Eastern Shore
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Ash

It's actually all in the name Turduckhen (turkey, duck, hen). You can figure out the order of stuffing by the Gauge of the bird.

It's a truly Cajun thing, generally served with a "dirty" rice like stuffing (rice & sausage).

I generally order one of these for my team at work for our holiday luncheon. Never seen a scrap of one left over. Down here in East Texas you can generally find them in the freezer section of the local grocery store.

Cheers

JJC

Wow--thanks all! (and Manx, I'm going to check out the ten-bird version on video when I get off the Forum)

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

BigSmoker

I've had truducken on a couple of occassions.  Pretty tasty but the price to buy one is kinda prohibitive as most I have seen are 50 dollars or more.  It's definitely good though but watch where you buy as I have heard some stories of folks being real disappointed how much other meat and stuffing were inside the turkey[:0][:0][:0].  as far as smoke eggs I will add 2 peeled boiled eggs on the top shelf while I'm smoking something else for 1 hr.  When they are done I chop the white and yellow into very fine pieces and add then to 10 other yellows.  Prepare as you prefer and stuff into the other halves.  Yummy treat that I reserve and serve when I am not serving anything else smoked[;)].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

JJC

Great to see you back on the Form, Jeff!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA