generator not working

Started by fred Guyette, February 13, 2009, 02:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred Guyette

Has anyone else had problems with the smoke generator delivering constant power to the smoker oven?
I have received my third one and still doesn't work. Even with the the generator off there is power to the element in the oven.

Smoking Duck

This is the third one to do that?  Is this the third smoke generator or third Bradley Smoker as a whole?  Are you sure you have the power cords hooked up correctly?  It would seem to me that you have the smoke tower hooked directly to the power as opposed to having smoke generator directly to the power.  I'm sure I'm wrong, but the Bradley folks should be around to help you out soon.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: fred Guyette on February 13, 2009, 02:46:27 PM
Has anyone else had problems with the smoke generator delivering constant power to the smoker oven?
I have received my third one and still doesn't work. Even with the the generator off there is power to the element in the oven.

Hi Fred
Can you tell me what model of smoker you have

If you have the basic black BTIS1 there will be power going to the tower even with the switch OFF. the heat is controled by the slide switch in the front.

Brian

Habanero Smoker

As Brian said; if you have the original Bradley even with the temperature adjustment all the way to the left there will be some heat going to the element. If you are cold smoking and want to prevent the element from producing any heat at all unplug the cabinet from the generator.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)