Bradley customer service top notch but still would like a fix

Started by love the smoke, December 10, 2008, 10:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love the smoke

Called Bradley customer service today for a broken face plate where the temp control slider is housed because mine is broke down the middle and also around the foot deals. They are sending a new one out today ;D  GREAT customer service ;D ;D ;D 

Is there anyway to prevent this from happening again smoker is not that old

Looks like they are resting all the weight of the smoker and contents on this small plastic piece across the front

Thanks
LTS

LTS

Wildcat

Easy fix is to elevate front of smoker with a thin piece of wood under the front legs.  This also helps insure that no juices from within the cabinet drips into the electronics within the face plate.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

Yup WildCat has got it. Here is a link to the same thing on the FAQ's.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=769&postcount=12

I don't have an OBS but I like the idea of putting a set of the rubber feet on the front as mentioned in the link above.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

love the smoke

Well Bradley customer service came through and so did yard and Pool (thanks Guys)

I will see if this improvement works , I have to do the ribs for my side Christmas 8 racks, and the pulled pork for my wifes side 8-10 pounder so we will give it a work out

Thanks all

LTS

LTS

Mr Walleye

LTS

In the last photo there is 2 feet side by side. The top one is the one that is part of the face plate. I assume the bottom one is the one you added on. If so, in the photo it appears as though it would still sit on the original feet because they look taller. This might just be an optical illusion in the photo...

Mike

love the smoke

Yes it is an illusion they are the EXACT same height (checked by sliding a piece of paper under each one while it sat level )
Thinking of maybe slipping washer under add on feet to get them a little taller

LTS
LTS

Mr Walleye

Excellent idea LTS. I would put the washer under as well. That should solve any future problems. Great job!  ;)

Mike

Habanero Smoker

Adding the washer will also raise the front, which helps prevent any liquid from leaking out the front. I'm going to revise the FAQ to reflex to either add the washers, or remove the rubber footing from the front feet. Removing the rubber footing front the front feet may be enough to give you the proper clearance, so that it is resting on the legs you have installed.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

macattak

Were these existing screws/holes?  If not, what size sheet metal screw did you use/

love the smoke

not existing holes not exactly sure what size screws I used just what I had laying around just make sure the head is big enough not to slip through the hole in the add on rubber feet

I predrilled two holes for the new feet and just screwed them in there

LTS
LTS