Quick Maverick ET-7 Question

Started by Dex, December 12, 2008, 05:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex

ok good. If I take it out with an IT of 155.... is that like Medium? Medium Well? I plan on FTCing until dinner

westexasmoker

Yep SD got ya covered, your temp will rise quick and seem to stall which is normal!  155ish I believe will put ya closer to medium well.  Good luck and keep us posted!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Dex

Thanks guys. 1 hour 45 min into it and im already at IT of 116. Box temp is 198 (i opened the door.) I hope it runs at least 3 hours, because I have 3 hours of smoke loaded!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Dex on December 13, 2008, 04:41:55 AM
Yeah i know the ET-7 is different. I picked it because I wanted to be able to have the ability to measure the meat OR box temp. I live right next to a lowes, so I will go see if they have an aligator clip. Are clipping to the probe, or to the wire? If you are clipping the probe directly to the rack, wouldnt that be the same as clipping directly to the rack?

I only log on twice a day, and there is a lot of post to try to catch up on. So I missed where you stated the ET-7 is different, or more like misread your post or forgot what I've read :). The sensor is in the tip, so like I mentioned earlier, I don't know it using the piece of potato makes a difference.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)