Can still smell the delivery truck smell!

Started by Caneyscud, December 10, 2008, 12:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Now, sitting in front of my desk, is BTDS76P (more lovingly named - BDS4 still in box and still smelling of delivery truck.  Excited to finally get it after much deliberation - I'm generally a stick burner - so in certain circles I may have to hide behind a curtain.  Can't wait to use this thing and have been hiding out on this forum learning.  Definitely want to do some mods as I got it to do mostly sausages and cold smoking, but why not other things - I might just get hooked.  Gotta go to BassPro to get some bisquettes tonight.  Maybe first smoke after break in will be ribs. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

sherlock

Welcome to our world, now the fun begins. ;D

Tenpoint5

Welcome Cscud, I can Say for most of the folks here. Doesn't matter what you smoke on. Just as long as you smoke and enjoy sharing. Bradley's are the preferred method here but others can be converted to be used on Bradley's. It's all about learning and having fun doing it!!

WTS will try to corrupt you into using nothing but Messy wood. Don't let him fool you he has Hickory!! but he's afraid to use it
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

No need to hide....just think of all the things you'll be able to do while everyone else is tending their smoker ;D  It gives you plenty of time to make mucho Mujitos!

Welcome aboard!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Caneyscud

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 10, 2008, 12:39:01 PM
Welcome Cscud, I can Say for most of the folks here. Doesn't matter what you smoke on. Just as long as you smoke and enjoy sharing. Bradley's are the preferred method here but others can be converted to be used on Bradley's. It's all about learning and having fun doing it!!

WTS will try to corrupt you into using nothing but Messy wood. Don't let him fool you he has Hickory!! but he's afraid to use it

Yeh, sorta figgered that out about WTS, but you know that's OK.  I confess, I have my messy wood exported by my dad here to me in TN.  Funny thing he does that, but doesn't use any himself.  He likes post oak.  I will also turn it on my lathe, and it's ok, until you hit one of them big old grubs - that's a mess!  Always wanted to do one of them survivorman things and eat one, but have never found a whole one!  WHEW! 

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Caneyscud!

Enjoy your new smoker. I have learned much from those here. I have cooked and cured things that I never thought I would.

"Why do you make your own bacon/pastrami/pulled pork?"

Because I can! and it's the best bacon/pastrami/pulled pork I've ever had....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

beefmann

welcome to the forum caneyscud and your gonna have fun fun fun

firerescueman

welcome Caney,

What part of TN are you from?  I am in Jackson.  Just curious.   Stick around and don't be afraid to ask questions.  You will learn ALOT fom these guys!

Jeff
God has a sense of humor....  Don't believe me?  go to WalMart and just LOOK at people!

Smokin Soon

Caney, yer gonna luv that thing even more when it smells like your fav wood!
Welcome to the forum, and keep that camera ready. First Smokes around are like First Born!  :D

westexasmoker

I can still remember my first time......Ahhh what a night, brisket for a test run!  Welcome aboard Caney, theres no looking back now!  (And see no mention of mesq.............)  Friggin teabags!  ;D  Once again welcome and keep us posted!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

LilSmoker

and  Caneyscud, congrats on the new Bradley, you're in for a real food adventure from here on in  ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Caneyscud

Quote from: westexasmoker on December 10, 2008, 05:15:02 PM
I can still remember my first time......Ahhh what a night, brisket for a test run!  Welcome aboard Caney, theres no looking back now!  (And see no mention of mesq.............)  Friggin teabags!  ;D  Once again welcome and keep us posted!

C
Teabags is better that teasips - gig'em

Caneyscud

Quote from: firerescueman on December 10, 2008, 04:49:04 PM
welcome Caney,

What part of TN are you from?  I am in Jackson.  Just curious.   Stick around and don't be afraid to ask questions.  You will learn ALOT fom these guys!

Jeff
Jeff, from Music City around Green Hills.  I'm originally from TX, but the wife is originally from Urine City up near Reelfoot.  I hope you weren't involved in all that bad weather the last few years.  Had a couple of fiends with kids at Union.  Had a project going in Memphis in Midtown when one of those bad weather spells - guys were diving into the ditches - literally.  The third floor blew off and had 4 guys inside of it and they rode it down - luckily only a bruised rib.  Was driving 40 quite a bit during that time and remembered what Jackson looked like. 
Mike

Caneyscud

Man, it is just sitting there staring at me with big eyes saying open the box stupid and season me.  No pucks, bad planning on my part.  Lunch time trip to basspro.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Caneyscud on December 11, 2008, 07:16:39 AM
Man, it is just sitting there staring at me with big eyes saying open the box stupid and season me.  No pucks, bad planning on my part.  Lunch time trip to basspro.

I must agree OPEN THE BOX!!!!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!