Can still smell the delivery truck smell!

Started by Caneyscud, December 10, 2008, 12:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Think outside the box   :D  :D  :D

nepas

KyNola

Welcome Caney,
I'm only two hours away from you in Paducah KY.  Everytime we come to Nashville we head out to Whole Foods in your neighborhood.  Welcome to the forum.  Lots of good food coming your way as soon as you OPEN THE BOX!!!!!!  OPEN IT OPEN IT OPEN IT!!! :D

KyNola

Caneyscud

Quote from: KyNola on December 11, 2008, 01:09:26 PM
Welcome Caney,
I'm only two hours away from you in Paducah KY.  Everytime we come to Nashville we head out to Whole Foods in your neighborhood....
You do mean Whole Paycheck don't you?  ;D  First time visit cost me $105 and all I bought was a flounder, some olives, some basil, a couple of pieces of pizza, and a small chunk of cheese!  Well, that was one BIG flounder.  I always drool at the dry aging showcase!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

KyNola

I can absolutely relate to what you're saying.  The seafood case makes me stop for a long time.  Next visit, some of that Kenai or Copper river salmon is coming home to Kentucky!!

Now, once again, OPEN THE FREAKIN' BOX!!!! :D  You're killing the rest of us.

KyNola

firerescueman

I
Quotehope you weren't involved in all that bad weather the last few years.

Hey Caney,

Well......  let me tell ya!

May 05, 2003    Tornado ripped through downtown Jackson,  I was making a key for a car when the warning went out for a few miles west of my location....  I told customer I would do job the next morning and fled as fast as I could get home to be with my family.  15 minutes after I left,  that entire neighborhood was LEVELED.   God was watching out for me without a doubt!

February 5th, 2008     Major storms coming.  Most storm don't make me very nervous.  I have lived in my home for 11 years and have always stayed in the hallway during tornado warnings.  This storm was coming hard and fast.  An uncle that lives in Memphis called ahead and warned us that this one was "bad".  I started calling neighbors looking for a basement to crawl into.  Fire department put us on alert.  Storm got close,  hit Union University dorms.... full of people,  but no fatalities.  many trapped.  Our fire department was leveled.  The path it took was less than a mile from my house,  but luckily we were spared.   Our yard was full of debris,  but none of it was ours.  Fire dept called and I left my family in the neighbors basement to go start searching for people.  Spent the next 20 hours or so clearing houses and making certain that all were accounted for.  Then we started picking up the pieces at our fire station.

All is well,  our station has since rebuilt and expanded.  Many of the homes affected are being rebuilt as well.  You can still drive through town and see the path it took, though.
God has a sense of humor....  Don't believe me?  go to WalMart and just LOOK at people!

Caneyscud

Good to hear that firerescueman.  I know it was a big mess both times.  On the 2008 one I was with a friend who teaches the bible to kids with me.  He had a son at Union in one of the dorms that came down.  I was with him when he finally got the call that his son was fine.  After surviving brain cancer when he was young, it would have been particularly hard to lose him to a tornado.  Answered prayer!  A few minutes later he sent some pics of the damage taken with his camera phone.  I could not believe no one was killed. 

Caneyscud

Okay, this is getting to be soap opera laughable now.  Was going to actually unbox the DBS on Sunday and season it.  I had also just bought a NB Bandera that was tied into the bed of my pickup and was hoping to get that cleaned up also.  However, looking out the windows on the front of our house this morning before church, saw what I thought was a weird reflection in the passenger side window of my truck.  Closer inspection revealed that it was broken.  Some low-lifes broke in and took almost all my fly fishing gear, all my Striper and Musky lures, all my flytying tools along with a lot of other things.  They also broke into my daughter's car and took a camera and messed up her dash prying out her radio.  I guess they didn't want a smoker, the Bandera wasn't touched.  Luckily the DBS was in my Envoy and they didn't touch that.  However, the sad thing, is that my wife nows wants to pay for the DBS and to give it to me for Christmas.  Now I have another week and a half until I can play with it.   This is killing me!

Gizmo

Sorry to hear about the theft Caneyscud. 
We live in a "good neighborhood" as the saying goes but we found out the hard way that you can't leave anything in plain sight within your vehicle.  Within a half year of moving into our present house, my daughters vehicle window was broken and her book bag was stolen.  It was much less then your loss (only about $150 worth of college books and a biology medical kit plus the $150 for a new window) but just goes to show how little of a reward some are willing to go.  The car was parked in the drive way just a few feet away from 2 bedrooms.  Car windows can be broken silently (I won't mention how) so it is easy to smash, grab and go.   
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

Sorry to hear this Caneyscud, i know how it feels, back in May my house got burgled, they trashed the house, and stole my truck. There's an awful lot of scum in this world  >:( but there's also a lot of really nice people that make it all worth it  ;)

Hope you can get sorted quickly, and soon enjoy the new smoker  ;)

LilSmoker 
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Caneyscud

Thanks Giz and Lil.  This is a good neighborhood in a great part of the city.  Lived there almost 30 years and not much like this has happened - but everybody suspects who it is.  Of the 6 houses immediate to us (one on either side and the corresponding 3 across the street) 3 have had something happen in the last year or two.  The only one that hasn't had something happen has a son that just got out of jail again and is now shacking up with the "mother" of his son in the projects somewhere.  Go figure!  I don't feel as violated as you must have felt Lil after your house was broken into and truck stolen.  I'm really sorry to hear that.  I try to forget about the bad of the world - I don't even read the paper or listen to the news (particularly not the Communist News Network - CNN) anymore - better for my sanity and blood pressure.  I prefer to be around the nice people of the world - maybe that's why I ended up here - ya think?