Finally arrived :)

Started by Stargazer, December 10, 2008, 01:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

Really don't want a war about wood, but this is so much fun!

La Quinta

Fear not...it's all in fun...  :)

Stargazer

Me and dad are seasoning it now. And we getting seasoned with some Turkey 101 with it. Inauguration or however its spelled. Jeepers, I'm in Kentucky, we aint allowed to spell right any how  ;D
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

La Quinta

Something tells me you're a smart guy.... Nothing wrong with being from KY man....gotta lot of friends in KY. Nice people...great cooks!!

LilSmoker

Congrat on the new smoker Stargazer!, you'll never look back now.........well if you do, it will only be to admire the Bradley!  ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Stargazer

Just to add, I called Bradley's number to see if I could register the warranty over the phone instead of mail it in.

I never doubted anyone here on the forum, but everyone was right. 10+ gold stars. Very kind and helpful service.

Asked where it was purchased, told them very happily at Yard and Pool.

Its going on 6am here and I'm so tempted to toss something in to smoke up right now. Got some chicken breasts, but I'll wait until the butcher opens, pick out something special for me and my father, let it marinade and stuff then do it up right. But it's tough waiting now  :P

FLBentRider

Quote from: La Quinta on December 10, 2008, 07:38:35 PM
Fear not...it's all in fun...  :)

For sure. Just kidding around. Variety is the spice of Life. only use one type of wood, one rub, one brine... NOT
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Dex

You will love your stainless smoker. I just got mine last week and I have already used it twice! I just picked up some Hickory today, and Im thinking about either doing a roast this weekend.

Smoke it up!

Stargazer

Sorry everyone, my apologies, I was so *bleepin* excited last night 'also doing shots of Wild Turkey with dad to welcome the new addition to the family being the Bradley  ;) ' I forgot to show a picture of it.

I don't know if I opened the damper enough on top, but it seemed not to hurt it. It was smoking pretty good even though it didn't show on the picture. Got alot of real heavy cold winds here right now.

This might sound kind of dumb, but I'll say it anyway...

I love my SS/OBS so much... I named her Marie, after the Johnny Rivers version of the song Memphis... just kind of brings back alot of old good memories, and like the song, the only one I want to be with. Ya'll can rib me about that one; I named my electric slicer Maybelline after the Johnny Rivers version of that song because shes so true...

Ok, I can be a bit goofy I guess  :-[

But anyway, that's Marie being seasoned and welcomed into the family.  8)

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Stargazer on December 11, 2008, 03:00:55 PM
Ok, I can be a bit goofy I guess 

But anyway, that's Marie being seasoned and welcomed into the family. 

Stargazer...

Man... Your goin' to fit right in!  ;)  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

Hmmmmm,  ??? Could be a trend! Naming our smokers  ;D

westexasmoker

I agree, Welcome home Star!

I've named mine nobodylikesmessywoodbutlqlikeshickoryandgonnadosomebrisketalongwithmesquitewitheverythingelseido..Junior the II!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Stargazer

Quote from: westexasmoker on December 11, 2008, 05:43:43 PM
I agree, Welcome home Star!

I've named mine nobodylikesmessywoodbutlqlikeshickoryandgonnadosomebrisketalongwithmesquitewitheverythingelseido..Junior the II!   ;D

C
Brother, I won't go into details, but right now there's a huge downer going on in the family which has my father very down for the holidays for the past month.

I just showed him your post and it was literally the first time he laughed, 'I mean hard core deep down belly laugh' in about a month. Before tonight, he hasn't even smiled once for this certain family matter ordeal.

He wanted me to say, which I will agree with... you guys 'and gals' here on this forum rule and are the best! :)

Thank you for the friendship to everyone here :D

La Quinta

Hey Starman...give my best to Dad...if he laughs at us...well that makes us happy!!

I'm naming my smoker Bubba...a good friend that has never failed me...I'm from Florida...and I love nicknames!! So Bubba is my boy!!!

Smoking Duck

My favorite kitchen tool is Tracie  ;) :o ;D

Yes, that's my wife and in the kitchen, she is a complete tool  ;D

Hey Walleye Man, can you get that shovel ready? Hee Hee!

And before you go off full-bore on me, LQ, the wifey is already on board with this description!  Please keep the tea bags back  ;) ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra