Finally arrived :)

Started by Stargazer, December 10, 2008, 01:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 12, 2008, 09:19:25 AM
Hey Walleye Man, can you get that shovel ready? Hee Hee!

Sorry SD... I need it for snow removal right now!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

I'm feeling ya, Mike.  Is there ice on the water up there and do you fish for walleye through the ice up there in the frozen tundra?

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

deb415611

No comment duck,  but you would be lucky if it were just a tea bag :)

Smoking Duck

Sorry, Deb.  I'm not really as bad as I try to sound.  But, when you're down as far as I am, you do anything you can to try and add anything to spice up your life a little  ;D

deb415611

Duck,

No need to be sorry.  Just funning.  I can tell that you guys are good...  :)

Deb

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 12, 2008, 10:35:38 AM
I'm feeling ya, Mike.  Is there ice on the water up there and do you fish for walleye through the ice up there in the frozen tundra?

SD

You bet! I haven't been out yet but I understand there's enough ice on a number of lakes now. Hopefull I'll get out during the holidays. I doubt before... I'm trying to get a number of things smoked so I'm prepared for the "outlaws"! Between that and work... there's not enough time in the days! Oh well... It's all good!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Caneyscud

Quote from: Mr Walleye on December 12, 2008, 01:31:54 PM
Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 12, 2008, 10:35:38 AM

SD

You bet! I haven't been out yet but I understand there's enough ice on a number of lakes now. Hopefull I'll get out during the holidays. I doubt before... I'm trying to get a number of things smoked so I'm prepared for the "outlaws"! Between that and work... there's not enough time in the days! Oh well... It's all good!  ;)

Mike

Let's see, lake + ice = makes it hard to get my fly down to any depth even with a weighted line.  I don't don't know how ya'll up there fish through a little bitty ole hole in the ice!  Bet it's fun though! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Smoking Duck

It's pretty fun, to tell the truth, especially if you've got a heated shanty.  If you've seen Grumpy Old Men (which pretty much describes me and Mr. Walleye), that's how I'm used to doing it.  If it's halfway decent outside, don't even need a shanty.  One of the funner things you can do on ice with your clothes on  :o ;D

Stargazer

Started smoking the pork loin. Will post pictures of it in meat section soon.

I used 6 pucks of apple for 2 hours of smoke. Being my first smoke, may I ask, do yall think that's to much or not enough. I do recall you don't want to do a constant smoke the whole time and figured 2 hours should be enough.
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Smoking Duck

That's a good start, Stargazer.  Get a feel for it and the next time you might decide you like a little stronger or less strong flavor.  Or, you may decide that's perfect. 

Stargazer

Thanks a million SD

BTW, I used your recommendation and water pan is filled with Motts apple juice. Also injected the loins with apple juice before rubbing down.

Ill post all this in meat section in a few

Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Smoking Duck

No problem at all, SG.  Looking forward to the pics!  Can't go wrong with apple and pork, IMO.

SD

La Quinta

I'm just glad you weren't talkin about me Giggles....Mrs Tracie Giggles is way better!!!  :D

Smoking Duck

No way, Q..........don't want no tea bags slung my way!  ;D