You know times are hard when...

Started by Oldman, December 13, 2008, 04:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

...Someone steals a green pineapple.

Yepper I heard them go over the fence last night. This morning my last (current fruiting) pineapple was stolen.

The sad part is they could have just asked me and I would have given it to them. What is even worse is my variety of pineapple is extremely toxie until fully ripe.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

pensrock

QuoteWhat is even worse is my variety of pineapple is extremely toxie until fully ripe.

That will teach em.   ;)

deb415611

That stinks Olds.  I know how hard you work with your gardens.

Stargazer

Very sorry to hear about that Olds. I can't stand a thief either. Just sucks when you work hard on something, in this case, your garden, and someone just takes what they want with no regards to you or all your hard work.

Maybe high voltage electric fencing around your garden powered by a few industrial Tecumseh generator batteries? :D
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Oldman

QuoteMaybe high voltage electric fencing around your garden powered by a few industrial Tecumseh generator batteries?
Wish I could....

When I re-set my garden this next time I'm thinking it is about time for motion sensors and air horns.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Smoking Duck

You could always try a bear trap.  Dig a large hole (about 9 feet deep) and then cover with leaves, etc.  Fill half of it with water.  Do not put the punjabi sticks in it!  You'll find out who it is pretty quickly.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

FLBentRider

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 14, 2008, 05:40:19 AM
You could always try a bear trap.  Dig a large hole (about 9 feet deep) and then cover with leaves, etc.  Fill half of it with water.  Do not put the punjabi sticks in it!  You'll find out who it is pretty quickly.

SD

Down here if you dig a hole that deep it will fill up with water all by itself.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

You're right; I keep forgetting about the water table down there.  I still think it would be funny but you'd open yourself up to all kinds of litigation.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

LilSmoker

How desperate can people get?

Somebody needs to get hold of him, and shove that pineapple into his>>>> Maybe that would make him think about what he's doing in the future? it would at least alter the way he walks!
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Oldman

Well I will tell you this. The gene I grow has serrated knife leaves edges that will slice you faster than grease through a goose. The person that stole the pineapple had to go through a few of them to get to the fruit. In fact some of the leaves were on the ground.  ;D

When I work around the pineapples I wear leather gloves, a heavy long sleeve shirt and eye protection.

beefmann

I hope that they eat the pineapples in there current state