Salmon.... Kummok's Salmon!

Started by Mr Walleye, December 13, 2008, 11:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Looks great Nick!  ;)

Ya just gotta give Kummok credit... his recipe just plain rocks!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

nickld

Thanks Mike!

Kudos to Kummok for sure! The recipe is a good base to start from and improvise. His technique for temperature/time control works like a charm. With the PID it was almost hands off! I did skin the fish this time and used the jerky racks sprayed with Pam... It was fairly easy to get the pieces off by jiggling them a bit until they came free... After cooling I vacuum sealed the best looking pieces to freeze and ate a couple of the others after sitting out for a while. I believe the flavor balances and improves quite a bit even after a couple of hours! The rest of the not-so-pretty pieces went into the refrigerator. I think I'll flake them up and make a nice pasta alfredo for dinner tomorrow!   :P

nickld

Didn't get around to making a "real" supper tonight but I was able to do some more salmon in the OBS...

Just the first pieces to come out... There's a few fat boogers but there's some flavor in those fat boogers! Sent a pic to my brother and he said the looked kind of charred. Was kind of my goal really. I air dried with a fan for until I got a nice pellicle and then painted the top surfaces with some good pure maple syrup. I really like the edges. Kind of like maple salmon candy!!!   ;D 

Cheers

~Nick

Mr Walleye

Nick... They look fantastic!  8)

Tell your brother there's none for him!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

Last batch I made, I told everyone they didn't come out any good. Needless to say they did not believe me.  :)