Nice Weather..... Not!

Started by Mr Walleye, December 13, 2008, 02:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

We're stuck in a little winter storm... Of course with the usual little Saskatchewan breeze...  ???

Today....  :o
-41 with wind chill...
60 gusting 70 km wind...
-45 with wind chill tonite...
10 to 20 cm of snow...
close to zero visibility in some areas...

Sunday...  :o
-44 in the morning and warming up to -40 by the afternoon...
25 km wind...

Monday...  :o
-40 with wind chill... 

Did I ever tell you guys why I built my smokers into my heated garage?

???  ???  ???  ???  ???

Oh well... It's all good... ehh!  ;)  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

So................... when does the cold weather hit ??? ;D ;D :o

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 13, 2008, 02:18:21 PM
So................... when does the cold weather hit ??? ;D ;D :o

Officially the first day of winter isn't till the 21st of December... ehh!  :D

Mike

NePaSmoKer

Mike

thats ugly weather. Stay warm my friend.

nepas

pensrock

On the plus side..... you will not have any trouble cold smoking cheese.  ;) :D

Stay warm and keep the fire going.
pens

La Quinta

Pens....  ???  ???  ??? I shall say no more....  :D

Fishman...I get crabby about how hot it is here but....dang...that is downright...well...I can't say freezing...that would be stupid...can't say "colder then hell"...that would be stupid too...I'm gonna go with crazy cold!!! Glad you have a cave in the garage!!  :)

As NePas said...stay warm!!

Mr Walleye

I fired up the grill outside to do some chicken breasts. I still got the salmon in the smoker.

Yup... -45 and standing beside the grill in a sweat shirt...

Ahhh... it's great to be Crazy Canuck ehh!  :D  ;D

It's all in the antifreeze.  ;)

Mike

deb415611

I'm kinda liking our 20 degrees.  stay warm

Smokin Soon

I need you guys to remind me what a wuss I am! I am complaining about a 50 degree windy day. I seemed to have forgotten about my Michigan and Indiana days. I'll shut up now.  ;D

Buck36

-45 degrees!!!  Breathing has to be an effort in that kind of cold!

Smoking Duck

The coldest I ever experienced in North Dakota was -75 with the wind chill.  It hurt real bad.  I feel for you Mike.  I was glad that the wife and I have a good relationship.....you really don't like leaving the house when it's that cold and it's important to have a good relationship at that point  ;D  I remember one time it was so cold and I had to drive about 10 miles; the air was so cold that it sucked the air out of my tires and they fell off when I was driving.  I swear they did!  But, there was also very little crime up there.  I could actually go to the mall and leave the car running and come back in an hour and it would still be there.  Cold certainly keeps the riff-raff out for the most part.  Funniest thing I've noticed (and it may be the same in your neck of the woods, Mike) is that the town may be so little that there's only one church but they'll still have 3 bars!

La Quinta

I'm with ya SS...got up this morning it was 52....YIKES...fireplace was on by 6:30...cold gettin out of the shower...don't know how you peeps do it...

Smoking Duck

52F and I'm playing golf in shorts and a short sleeve shirt!

deb415611

Quote from: La Quinta on December 13, 2008, 05:42:40 PM
I'm with ya SS...got up this morning it was 52....YIKES...fireplace was on by 6:30...cold gettin out of the shower...don't know how you peeps do it...

52 in December..... the cheese might really happen

I don't know how YOU do it,  I hate the heat.  I think it's what you are used to.  

I would need a sweatshirt on that 52 degree golf course.  I remember playing field hockey in a skirt in the snow in high school. 

La Quinta

It does get pretty warm here...but we have ways to cool off...but...in the winter when I wanna cold smoke...it warms up to 65-70 by 9am...guess I'm gonna have to get up in the middle of the night..lots of peeps do it...but when I sleep...I sleep!!! I have crabbed about this cheese thing for far too long...IT IS TIME....HIGHS for the next week are in the 50's...I'M VERY EXCITED...the other problem we have...is when it's cold...that means rain...I have remedied that as well...  ;D

Wish me luck...