Nice Weather..... Not!

Started by Mr Walleye, December 13, 2008, 02:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

QuoteYup... -45 and standing beside the grill in a sweat shirt...

Ahhh... it's great to be Crazy Canuck ehh!  Cheesy  Grin
Ah you make me proud, Mike--Canucks:no brain no pain!! :D
T2

deb415611

Quote from: La Quinta on December 13, 2008, 07:36:34 PM
that means rain...I have remedied that as well...  ;D

Wish me luck...

Are you using teabags on the raingods? ;D

I hope you get the temps you need without getting up in the middle of the night :)

La Quinta

No teabags Deb...but I applaud your faith in them!!!  :D They do work...really....been married a long time...you can use them for lots of stuff!!!    ::)

Smoking Duck

Word has it that there was a pic somewhere on the Internet of a guy holding a walleye with his tongue frozen to a flagpole somewhere in MooseJaw.  Who could that be  ??? ??? ??? :P  I'm still giggling  :D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 16, 2008, 06:56:09 PM
Word has it that there was a pic somewhere on the Internet of a guy holding a walleye with his tongue frozen to a flagpole somewhere in MooseJaw.  Who could that be  ??? ??? ??? :P  I'm still giggling  :D

:D  :D  :D  ;D

If you were out there the last couple of days your tongue would be the last thing you'd be worried about!   :o ::)

Poor brass monkey!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Trying to pee outside is like trying to find a button in a fur coat  :o :o ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 17, 2008, 05:49:44 AM

Yeah but is that normal for you or just because its cold SD?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

I hope you're not showing some sort of interest, 10.5  :o ;D  I'm outta work but there are some things I just won't do  ;D  I do understand that it does get dreary and depressing in Iowa, but isn't that why you bought a Bradley  ;D

I think we may have run this into the ground and I can only sit back and await the teabag-flinging that is sure to come from LQ on this one  :o ;D

sherlock

W O W

It was 65 here this morning at 6:00 AM.

Thats 100 degrees colder. I can't even imagine what it must be like.

Do people venture out to work in temps like that? I guess stores and office's must open but what about outside work? It would seem that ALL outside activities would come to a screeching halt.

What is typical life like during such extreme periods?

Nathan

Tenpoint5

Sherlock,
Its just another day only colder. We are used to the temp getting cold although we still complain about it. You just dress a little warmer.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 17, 2008, 06:23:56 AM
Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 17, 2008, 05:49:44 AM

Yeah but is that normal for you or just because its cold SD?

You know about shrinkage, right?  ;D

Mr Walleye

Hi Nathan

The wind backed off a little today so we are only at -35 with wind chill. We are supposed to warming up to the -20 range in the next day or so. Actually everything carries on as normal for the most part. Ya just gotta allow a little more time to get around. In the -40 weather you get in your vehicle and the seat is hard like a rock, then you start driving and you can feel your tires are "out of round" for the first little bit till they get loosened up. Even the mail delivery carries on. Although in the real cold stuff most outside contractors will take the day off unless they have to be there. Stuff like snow removal, etc. has to carry on but those temps are very hard on hydrolics so there is usually lots of break downs. You do get used to it. I'm sure it's like the heat in that way, I can't imagine putting up with some of the high temps either.  :D

Mike

Smoking Duck

It sure does make you appreciate spring and summer a bit more though.  Although it seems like summer never lasts as long and winter seems to carry on much longer.  As much as I complain about the cold, I really do like the changing of the seasons. 

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 17, 2008, 07:20:07 AM
It sure does make you appreciate spring and summer a bit more though.  Although it seems like summer never lasts as long and winter seems to carry on much longer.  As much as I complain about the cold, I really do like the changing of the seasons. 

Yup... I gotta agree with you SD. Spring and fall are my favorite times of year for sure.  ;)

Mike

Caneyscud

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 17, 2008, 06:38:01 AM
I hope you're not showing some sort of interest, 10.5  :o ;D  I'm outta work but there are some things I just won't do  ;D  I do understand that it does get dreary and depressing in Iowa, but isn't that why you bought a Bradley  ;D

I think we may have run this into the ground and I can only sit back and await the teabag-flinging that is sure to come from LQ on this one  :o ;D

Will this work in her stead?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"