Just arrived & set up!

Started by JNB, December 13, 2008, 03:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JNB

Well, it actually got here a week ago, but I had about 16 hours with it before I was off again for work. :(  Anyway, I seasoned it, then did a quick batch of chicken breasts and thick-cut pork chops over Maple. I made a quicky brine of kosher salt, light brown sugar, and a few cloves, then smoked for about an hour and continued roasting at about 200F until done. Very tasty!  The wife didn't much care for the chicken (she prefers it just grilled), and is not a pork fan other than ribs, but agreed the chops were terrific.  I had one chop left over which will be reheated by steaming (I wish I had a pressure cooker!).  Kind of a fake German-style chop. ;)

I went to Lowe's and got a Kobalt four-drawer tool cabinet to store everything and raise the OBS to a more ideal height, as well as make easy relocation wherever I want (also to keep the patio from getting too cloudy).

It'll be a couple racks of ribs next, and I'm going to try my hand at bacon.  I'll be off for a couple weeks, so I'll definitely do my first batch of cheese, too!

NePaSmoKer

Smokin Soon

Great lookin setup JNB! Cheese will be tricky in yer neck of the woods. Bradley bacon will spoil you to the point you want a freezer full at all times!
And welcome to a great forum!

HCT

JNB, welcome to the forum. Great set-up, so nice and clean and shiny. Hope you get it dirty real soon. ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

beefmann

JNB,

nice set up, is the tool box used for bisquette storage?

JNB

Quote from: beefmann on December 15, 2008, 07:00:21 AM
JNB,

nice set up, is the tool box used for bisquette storage?

Yeah, that's the top drawer.  I'm going to get some Tupperware-type containers for each different variety and label them.  The second drawer's for the probe thermometer and tools, third one's for rack storage, and the bottom's for the cover and anything else too large.

That's the plan, anyway...  ;)