Wood Saver Aluminum Pucks

Started by greggd, December 14, 2008, 04:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greggd

As I am new to this can someone tell me if these are any good. Do they do like they say and will this void my warranty if something goes wrong.

Smoking Duck

They save you a lot of pucks (and money) in the long run.  Never had a problem with them.  Go to yardandpool.com.  Bryan and the gang will hook you up right.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Gizmo

Quote from: greggd on December 14, 2008, 04:38:39 AM
As I am new to this can someone tell me if these are any good. Do they do like they say and will this void my warranty if something goes wrong.

Duck has you sourced well.  Many have been using them for many, many years without a problem and doubt Bradley has ever had a problem caused by them.  Kummok (the inventor of the idea and the "Bubba Pucks") put a lot of time into their testing before ever releasing them to the public.  You will be well served on their use.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

They're great, i wouldn't be without them
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

csakis

I bought twelve 2-inch washers in Lowe's for $0.62 each. I glued four of them together and it has the exact dimensions of the wooden bisquette. The whole deal cost me $8.02 with taxes. That's way cheaper what you can get on EBAY.
csaba

HCT

csaba, I'm with you on this one. The pucks are just too damn expensive.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

Quote from: csakis on December 16, 2008, 10:09:18 PM
I bought twelve 2-inch washers in Lowe's for $0.62 each. I glued four of them together and it has the exact dimensions of the wooden bisquette. The whole deal cost me $8.02 with taxes. That's way cheaper what you can get on EBAY.
csaba

What type of glue?  I'd be a little concerned when one of those pucks sits on the burner a little too long......maybe some fumes from heating the glue makes it's way to the meat?  Not really sure on that one but I'm always a little cautious about glues and food prep.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

westexasmoker

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 17, 2008, 06:47:03 AM
Quote from: csakis on December 16, 2008, 10:09:18 PM
csaba

What type of glue?  I'd be a little concerned when one of those pucks sits on the burner a little too long......maybe some fumes from heating the glue makes it's way to the meat?  Not really sure on that one but I'm always a little cautious about glues and food prep.

SD

I agree with ya SD, when I first got involved with this community I remember a post about doing this.  And I did and used high temp silicone, like what you would use on a fireplace door.  The more I started thinking about it, I decided I could spare a couple of pucks instead getting some strange fumes in the food.  One day I'll get me some real bubba pucks.

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Brisket Lover

I actually had 3 bubba pucks before I even had the smoker.  Works great!