Author Topic: Sheekin Roll Ups  (Read 10278 times)

Offline Smokin Soon

• Member Extraordinaire
Re: Sheekin Roll Ups
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2008, 06:39:36 pm »
Whenever I cannot decide what wood to use, I throw in a mix of Apple-Maple-Hickory. All good! Some may not agree, but works for me!

Offline Brisket Lover

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 08:58:17 pm »
Really gotta thank 10.5 for this, it's SUPER YUMMY!. Having some friends over and needed some snacks. Decided on this for a try, and some monster fattys of course! Ground up some leftover Canadian Bacon and some belly bacon and made a mush with cream cheese, adding lots of chives, roasted onion, horsey powder, Tabasco, garlic powder and some cajun seasoning.

And 3 monster fattys!

Looks awesome, what is a monster fatty though?

Offline Brisket Lover

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2008, 09:05:40 pm »
Would it be ok to smoke these then freeze them and finish later on the grill?  I would like to make a bunch at once but wasn't sure if it would be safe to cold smoke and then freeze to cook later.

Offline Smokin Soon

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2008, 09:14:57 pm »
No, I would not cold smoke and freeze anything. Better to finish the job and warm as needed. Those fattys were 2 lb fresh ground beef and 2lb pork with 1 lb Longinasa sausages opened. Used about 1/2 tsp cure fore a little salami taste with a load of seasonings, minced garlic, dried onion ect. Longinasa is a filipino sausage not easy to get in some areas. Have used Jimmy Deans spicy or some spicy Linguisa, all good.

Offline Brisket Lover

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2008, 09:37:46 pm »
Good to know,  now on the fattys are those on the recipe site?  They look awesome!