Sheekin Roll Ups

Started by Tenpoint5, December 16, 2008, 05:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

Whenever I cannot decide what wood to use, I throw in a mix of Apple-Maple-Hickory. All good! Some may not agree, but works for me!

Brisket Lover

Quote from: Smokin Soon on December 20, 2008, 06:05:50 PM
Really gotta thank 10.5 for this, it's SUPER YUMMY!. Having some friends over and needed some snacks. Decided on this for a try, and some monster fattys of course! Ground up some leftover Canadian Bacon and some belly bacon and made a mush with cream cheese, adding lots of chives, roasted onion, horsey powder, Tabasco, garlic powder and some cajun seasoning.

And 3 monster fattys!

Looks awesome, what is a monster fatty though?

Brisket Lover

Would it be ok to smoke these then freeze them and finish later on the grill?  I would like to make a bunch at once but wasn't sure if it would be safe to cold smoke and then freeze to cook later.

Smokin Soon

No, I would not cold smoke and freeze anything. Better to finish the job and warm as needed. Those fattys were 2 lb fresh ground beef and 2lb pork with 1 lb Longinasa sausages opened. Used about 1/2 tsp cure fore a little salami taste with a load of seasonings, minced garlic, dried onion ect. Longinasa is a filipino sausage not easy to get in some areas. Have used Jimmy Deans spicy or some spicy Linguisa, all good.

Brisket Lover

Good to know,  now on the fattys are those on the recipe site?  They look awesome!