Fried Prime Rib Update

Started by Andy, January 02, 2005, 12:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Ok, I fried a prime rib....christmas eve.   The 3 minutes someone one suggested is way to little.  48 degrees internal...110 external.

10 minutes is way to much...160 internal....

Probably needs to be about 6 minutes and sit for an hour.

Even though their was very little red meat..most was 160...it was awesome...cut with a butter knife good..and still tender as all.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

read this on a few sites, havent trid it yet, but here is a cut n paste,

Slowly lower the prime rib into 360 degree oil. You can expect the oil to drop in temperature quickly, probably down to approx. 325, turn the heat up on the burner to bring back up to 350, then level off temperature.Cook the prime for 3 minutes per pound of weight for medium rare steaks. 4 minutes per pound for Medium.

Carefully remove from hot oil let rest for 10 minutes, (Try using sliced bread to drain on vs. paper towels) slice and serve.

Andy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SMOKEHOUSE ROB</i>
<br />Cook the prime for 3 minutes per pound of weight for medium rare steaks. 4 minutes per pound for Medium.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

3 minutes gets the meat to 48 degrees inside...a change of 3 degrees from the start..the rib sat at room for over an hour....outside meat was 68 degrees....inside at start of frying was 45....fridge is about 37 or 38...I like my beer cold.   I think about 6 minutes would be about right....

I will try again next time prime rib goes on sale....got a new indoor, counter top turkey frier for christmas....I can't afford to experiment to much at $11 a pound.

Next time I will fry for about 6 minutes...and let sit for an hour...that should get me to about 80 internal...and 150 external...about 1/2 inch deep...equalization should get us to about 125...may be.