New Years eve party! Devote Carnevours??

Started by Andy, January 02, 2005, 12:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Ok, went out to dinner with friends Thursday night to a new pizza place...they got the egg plant, avacodo and olive oil pizza....[:(]..seriously I witnessed it...10 years ago I would have never believed it..but I saw it with my own two eyes and only 2 beers.  Ok, they were stouts and I do live at 9500 ft...but i am aclamated...it was really an avacodo...egg plant pizza!!

Ok, I ordered the creol pizza...sausage, shrimp, red peppers and creol chicken...I had the stomach flew two days earlier...so it sounded really good..plus it had tabasco tomato pizza.[8D][8D]..talk about hair of the dog...but it was awesome!!

well...I commented about eggplant and avacodo being nasty...he commented about not being devote carnevurs like me!![:p]..it was friendly ribbing we all get along very well..[;)][;)]..they are great people...just not big meat eaters...YET[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

So we invite them to new years even dinner...had 4 leg quarters of chicken...and about 8 country style ribs befrosting....Got out a second package of chicken quarters....always have spares just in case company comes...

They agreed and agreed to bring a salad[:(] and beer[:D]..we have a thing to bring good beer when going to the others house...great friends[8D]

They loved the chicken...both had seconds...and she had a rib as well...[:D][:D][:D][:D]..I was suprised when he passed up the left over salad for a second chicken helping...[:D][:D].

Not sure I converted them...but they both said it was awesome....[:D]

Will have to work on getting them to be devote carnevours as well.  

Oh, I deep fat fried some apple fritters as well...those were awesome...man Smoked ribs...smoked chicken and deep fat fried apple fritters..my wife made some brocholee(sp) stuff...taht no one ate....everyone chowed on smoked pork, smoked chicken and apple fritters...[:D][:D][:D].

Not everyone can be a devote carnavour..but I am working on converting them one at a time..[:D]

nsxbill

Ah it is said, "I will smoke it!  They will come!"  Next thing that will happen is they will be picking up a BS.  I am going to try some eggplant parmesan smoked sometime.  The little woman loves eggplant sandwiches.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

About a month back I took some of my wife's friends out to dinner. A real first class steak house where they dry age their own beef..

Well this one smart A$$ said...I don't eat the flesh of aminals...then ordered fish... go figure.

Well we really busted her shorts over that one... She left early and truthly if I never see that smart A$$ teacher again it will be too soon...

I'm a meat eater...you don't like it then don't sit down to a table I'm paying for...and run your mouth about what I ordered.

Andy I'm glad your guests were better mannered. At least they were open to something new...however:  Some folks just don't know when to shut their mouths.

Sorry about the rant guys...but this type of stuff of I'm better than you as I don't eat animals has gotten old with me.

For those who don't know me here is a picture of my dog that 99.999% of the world would have put down. Maybe this picture will explain why I get hot over whenever I hear about the green eaters.

BTW you all know that the new studies show that plants react when you cut that tomato off or that green leaf.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

P.E.T.A.= People Eating Tasty Animals
My wife has never been a big beef/meat eater so I have tried the crazy pizza combos.  Some are good and others are so-so.  As for me give me a nice thick new york strip and I'm happy.  I have also started grinding my own beef and pork.  I have meatballs on the menu hopefully tomorrow night [:p] along with fresh baked bread and some kind of pasta to go with the meatballs.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Chez Bubba

Jeff,

No PETA=Kiss my ass! What a bunch of kooks!

To quote Ted Nugent: "If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat."[8D]

There's nothing wrong with smoked veggies, but don't preach to me if I choose to enjoy the FULL CYCLE OF THE DIETARY PYRAMID![:(!]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Andy

The fact is it takes almost 10 acres to feed a vegitarian for the year...and most of that stuff demands heavy water which is in short supply out west...expessially california where most of these whack jobs live....

These are the same nut jobs that complain about clear cutting forests to build homes...and the destruction of our lovely land...Ok to cut trees down to feed these nut jobs...but don't build a house or make a road on that same property.

Veggies take a ton of water as well...I live in CO...we provide about 1/3 of the water to the SW part of the US...which most of these idiots water their yards year round.  We on the otehr hand in CO are constantly being told to conserve water....even have to pay higher $ for water...when aobut 75% of the water sent to these nut jobs or more of that water comes from within 50 miles of my house...but I have water restictions....actually not allowed to have a grass year...(don't get me wrong i am not complaining about that one)

Take a cow...it takes about 1 acre to eat...will forage...and you do not have to water the grass....cows will move and find good grass and water....fact is .... their are breeds that taste good, grass fed..and are well suited for low rain areas!!

Take a pig....lives in a small place...sometimes a 5x5 cubical...requires about 3 acres of corn per year...and the corn does not need water piped in to make it grow!! Fact is most grains can be grown on waste land..that require little water...and little tending too...where these same veggies could not survive.

One pig will yield...assuming butchered at 300 pounds...the prime weight for a pig for fat to meat ratio....about 130 pounds of meat....now I am not saying I can live off of 130 pounds of meat...that is 1/3 pound per day....but if you add the cow in...even grain fed to finish for the last 3 months...about 3 more acres of grain...we are using 7 total acres....1/3 less then the vegans!!

That cow...at about 750 butcher weight...will yield about 300 to 325 pounds of meat....that gives me about 450 total pounds of meat for the yaer....and now we are talking!!  Happy Happy Happy...[:D]

Of course if you present these numbers to vegans...their standard answer is yes but we did not murder anything to eat....Of course a few months ago..sitting in a bar in the airport...I reminding this whack job beside me preaching to his friend about murdering animals...as I enjoyed my juicy tender burger....He sure as hell should have thought about that before he bought those leather shoes!!

After I called him a pansy, a tree murderer and a hypocrite...he left...and the bar cheered...seemed he had been their a while preaching..and making friends!!

JJC

I couldn't agree with all of you more!  In addition to smoking and eating meat, I am a biomedical scientist and I use animal models (rats and mice) to try and find treatments for heart disease and uterine fibroids.  Ask anyone who is waiting depserately for a heart transplant or a women who can't have children and is in incredible pain from fibroids whether she would be willing to sacrifice a few hundred mice or rats to have children or save her parent from heart disease and the answer is obvious.  Every scientist I know is very sensitive to the animals they use--I have 3 cats myself and take great pains to justify the use of each and every animal in the lab, and they are treated with great respect and exerience minimal discomfort.

I makes me crazy to hear the president of PETA say that "it would give her no solace to know that her father was saved from a heart attack if the treatment was practiced first on a dog" and to say that "a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy"!  These are quotes, and you only have to aske ANYONE who has had a loved one saved by life-saving organ transplants, drug treatments, or other medical treatments if they would rather see their loved one die or a few animals die to know what any sensible person would say.

You really touched on a sensitive nerve with me . . . I also teach vet students, and if there was ever a group that was tuned into animal rights, it's vets.  Ask any of them if they are in favor of animal research and they will tell you exactly how important it is.  Among the many ironies is that animal research actually leads to new treatments for animals, too!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I also teach vet students, and if there was ever a group that was tuned into animal rights, it's vets. Ask any of them if they are in favor of animal research and they will tell you exactly how important it is. Among the many ironies is that animal research actually leads to <b>new treatments for animals, too!</b><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

John as you know my dog is in a wheel chair. A nerve die in his back when he was 3 years old. Today, just two years later there is now a cure for what happened to him. However, it has to be giving within the first 48 hours... <b>Talk about bad-timing. Nevertheless this cure came from lab-rats.</b> I understand that human testing is not too far off in the future.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by J2C</i>
<br />...to try and find treatments for heart disease and uterine fibroids.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
First, Kirk's smart-ass, as-you've-all-come-to-love-me, response:

I hold the uterus very dear in my heart![:D][:D]

Now back to the topic on hand:

John, don't let a few loudmouth freaks distort your view on the way the general public feels about your work. <b>IMO</b>, the masses of America appreciate what you do & feel exactly the same as you regarding animal testing. The basic problem, <b>IMO</b>, is the slanted media & the willingness of a lot of people to accept what they say as fact.

Same with our boys & girls in uniform. Listening to the media, the soldiers think we shouldn't be in Iraq, 90% of us civvies think the soldiers shouldn't be in Iraq & most of the soldiers spend their time killing babies & women.

Keep up the good work, mainstream America is thankful for what you do and the methods you use to achieve success.[:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Cold Smoke

Have a peek at this T-shirt I recently saw. Actually it was also on a billboard on the side of the highway outside of Saskatoon[:D][:D]

http://www.saskatoonrestaurant.com/merchandise.htm

Cold Smoke

nsxbill

There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

Thanks for the support, guys!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Cold Smoke

Can you all tolerate one more?[;)]

"Vegetarians.....I LOVE vegetarians!!!! Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians!!!"

Love that one!

Cold Smoke

Oldman

CS  <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">"Vegetarians.....I LOVE vegetarians!!!! Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians!!!"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Man you got to stop with this Chit you are killing me. I like to hit the floor from laughing so cotton-picken hard....