Anyone used the grinder-stuffer attachment on a Kitchen-Aid?

Started by bullsi1911, December 23, 2008, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

Quote from: Caribou on December 28, 2008, 06:48:02 PM
Hi Deb,
No, I don't have the larger tray attachment.  But I'm planning on getting it. I saw it listed at Amazon.com for around $20.
I'm wanting to get separate meat processing equipment but with the economy hitting our business so harshly this year, I probably will try to make do with my KA mixer for the time being.  The bigger tray would be helpful for processing tomatos for canning, too.
Carolyn

Thanks.  I was looking at it this weekend also.   Trying to decide if I need it.

Caribou

Hey Deb, please let us know if you can find it at a better price than Amazon's $19.99.
Thanks!
Carolyn

penfoldhamster

I have the grinder and stuffer attachment.  The stuffer is useless - it mashes the meat as it goes through the impeller.

I've had better luck with the grinder but have found that its performance is improved if I put the meat into the freezer for 15-30 minutes after cutting into cubes (just put the cubes onto a cookie tray).  You get a lot less snarls ups this way.  Also, dropping the meat in cube by cube works better than shoving a whole load into the neck.