I got it!

Started by commonsense, December 24, 2008, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

commonsense

I couldn't wait til this Friday I went out and bought it this morning.

I won't have time to season it today or tomorrow, I have christmas parties both days.

Friday I'm going to attempt a chicken I hope it turns out good.

Has anyone used the special blend bisquettes and are they good?

I'll take any advice on anything smoker related at this point! ???

KyNola

Congratulations!  I have not used the special blend pucks so I can't be of much help to you with those but I have one piece of advice for you if you are going to do a chicken.  Open the vent 100% as chicken holds a lot of moisture and it can condensate inside the box and run out if the vent is not adequately opened.  That can lead to a problem with your control panel located at the bottom of the OBS.  Condensation trapped in the box will also knock the temp down in the box.  If it is cold where you are and your smoker is located outside, moisture condensation can be a problem anyhow so keep the vent open.  If you have a way to block the wind from your smoker, that can help as well.

Have fun and let us know how it goes!
KyNola 

Smoking Duck

Special blend is okay.......I would probably use it more on pork or beef as opposed to yard bird.  I used mine to season the smoker.  I also will throw it in with other flavors if I need some filler pucks.  I think they're pretty much a combo of scraps left over from the pucks they make.  Everyone treats them like the red-headed step child of bisquettes, but heck, smoke is smoke!

Congrats on getting your smoker.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Tenpoint5

I remember those days waiting for my Bradley and then it got here. Let the games begin Commonsense!!!
Advice on smoker related? Read every thread on this forum!! If you still have questions just ask.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jeff_smoke

I used Alder for my first and only chickens...came out great.