Some of you already know this, but...

Started by Tiny Tim, December 23, 2008, 02:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley (Head Office)

Tiny Tim

Sorry to hear about your father.May his recovery be speedy,Sending good thoughts & Prayers

From all the people at Bradley Smoker

beefmann

TT, my prayers Are with you and your family and can under stand the stress you  are going through .. hang in there

firerescueman

Our family's prayers are headed your way as well.   Keep us posted, ok?   take care.  Everything will be ok.

Jeff
God has a sense of humor....  Don't believe me?  go to WalMart and just LOOK at people!

Tenpoint5

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Send thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Jan and I are truly sorry to hear about your father.  Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with your father, you and the rest of your family.  Things like that are always difficult but when it happens this time of year, it makes it doubly hard.

All the best,
Larry

Tiny Tim

Thank you everybody...ya'll almost made me cry with the outpouring of support.  Finally going up to see him when I get out of the store today.  Gotta wait for the Fed Ex truck, then it's my call when to close up.

My aunt and cousin went up yesterday and they say he looked really good and seemed to be in really good spirits, the only thing they were concerned about is that he was really weak.  Could be from medication, laying around for 2-3 days, or just lack of exercise over the past 6-8 months since he'd broken his shoulder and began staying home in his recliner a lot instead of golfing, yardwork, etc.

Thanks again

Tim

pensrock

Best wishes Tiny. I know what you are going through, my dad just got out of the hospital they had to take off his big toe and the whole joint below it. Now hes in a wheelchair for 4-6 weeks. He stepped on something and the infection got really bad and this is the end result. You and your dad take care.

firerescueman

pens......

we will add YOUR family to our prayer list as well........
God has a sense of humor....  Don't believe me?  go to WalMart and just LOOK at people!

Scotty-G

Tiny,
We are adding your family to our list of prayers as well.  Hope your Dad feels better very soon.
Scott

LilSmoker

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and dad TT, hope your dad makes a speedy recovery.

We'll all be thinking of you

LilSmoker (Steve)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Tiny Tim

Once again, thank you for the support....you're the most amazing group that I've ever had the privilege to socialize with.

Left at about 2:00 on Wednesday and arrived at the hospital at about 3:45 (stopped for an Arby's lunch).  Got to his room and saw his girlfriend's daughter-in-law (GF-DIL) and granddaughter there.  I'm a bit on the large side, so the chairs that were in the room weren't going to work for me, and the staff didn't know of any others, so the GF-DIL offered to get me one from her house, that she knew I liked.

They didn't stick around too long after dropping the chair off, so Dad and I just talked for quite a while...until about 9:30 when I went to find a hotel room for the night.  Came back at about 11:00 Christmas Morning and he was sleeping, so I opened a bottle of pop as quietly as I could and sat there for a while.  Phone rang about 15 minutes after I got there and he didn't hear it, so I mentioned it and woke him up enough to answer the phone.  Visited for a while and about 2:00 both of us took a nap...just because we both fell asleep.  Left about 4:30 or 5:00 to get home at a reasonable time.

He's comfortable there, and seems to be happy to be there.  He's more like the person I went to some winery's with in late spring/early summer, than the guy I've been living with the past month or two.....so that's good.  He thinks they'll kick him out of there Sunday, but I would guess Tuesday to Thursday at the earliest.

La Quinta

Hey Tiny...sorry to come into this so late...hugs from Me and Bob to your Dad...keep your chin up my friend...we're here for ya!!

Habanero Smoker

I'm glad to hear his health continues to improve. Thanks for the update.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pensrock

I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.

Smoking Duck

Tiny,

Glad to hear your Dad is starting to come around....hopefully, he can get back to where he was in no time.

Kudos to you for spending your Christmas at his side........I believe you've shown the true measure of a selfless person.  Sounds like you and your Dad have a great relationship and that is priceless, IMHO.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra