Some of you already know this, but...

Started by Tiny Tim, December 23, 2008, 02:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Thanks for keeping us up to date Tiny. Hugs and best of wishes from us up north.
Pat and Ann

HCT

Tiny, Glad to hear of the improvements made. Always good thought going your way.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Caneyscud

TT,  sorry about just noticing this thread.  Don't ever hesitate to ask for prayers and support.  A lot of us have been there and know what you might be going through and know the power of praying people.  My prayers go out for you, your dad, the family, and to his caregivers.  As SD said so well, the relationship you have with your Dad is indeed priceless - guard it and enjoy it.   Man, I wish mine wasn't 996 miles away!  I'd like to give him a big hug. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tiny Tim

Update on Dad.  I brought him home on New Year's Eve, and he commenced to wearing me out asking for this and that and helping him do this or that.  While being discharged from the hospital, we were instructed to go to the nearest hospital (the one that transferred him to the one he stayed in) for IV Antibiotics, daily for 2 weeks.  He can walk fine, but his legs are weak enough that he can't climb into my truck (Dodge 4x4), and we end up growling at each other because I'm about as useless as Apple Bisquettes at WTS's place, at helping him in.

Anyway, we got that done Thursday and Friday, took Saturday off due to freezing rain and slickness, then on Sunday they let us drive into the ambulance bay at the hospital and did the IV out there with hime sitting in the pickup.  Yesterday we did it the same way, and an old friend of his who is a nurse was there to talk to us.  She convinced him that he should re-admit himself to that hospital to do a better job with the wound care on his leg, be more convenient for the IV, and to get some physical therapy so his legs and the shoulder he broke this summer could get stronger, so we're going to do that in about an hour from now.

I'm glad he's out of the City hospital, but also glad he's going back into the local one because it is just plain too much work for this overweight out of shape guy to take care of him, and now he'll be a lot closer so I can visit nightly if I so choose (more often than not, probably).

Thank you again for your continued thoughts, prayers, and inquiries into how he is doing.  I think it all is really helping.

Also, I apologize for not telling you all when I brought him home...was home for an extra day after that and by the time I got back to the computer, it seemed like old news.

Smoking Duck

Thanks for the update, Tiny.  It's never old news where the concern is about a loved one.  I think I speak for the group when I say that we all would like the updates.  I kinda feel when one goes through something, we all go through it.  Hopefully, this latest move to the local hospital will benefit all (you need to take care of yourself as well while helping Dad).

By the way, that comment "useless as apple bisquettes at WTS' place" was a classic.  I'm still wiping a tear away from that one!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Caneyscud

I'm with SD about the apple bisquette and WTS comment - classic! 

Really glad to hear that you all are taking the advice of your friend,  Wound care is a tricky and delicate business at times.  Having them get a good leg up on the care before he comes home is a wise move.  Plus the PT is a good move also, if anything just to give you and him some idea of exercises to help get him back to where he was. 

The picture of your Dodge 4x4 with an IV bottle, and stand next to it with the tubes running into the passenger side would have been a sight to behold.  Dodge might have bought that for marketing - Dodge Trucks - accepted at hospitals everywhere! 

Shakespeare
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

deb415611

Tiny,

Glad to hear of the improvement.  Also, glad to hear that he is closer to you. 

In the hectic time don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Deb

pensrock

Tiny,
  I really hope everything works out for you and your dad. We are going through much the same thing right now.
So I pretty much know what you are going through.
Take care my friend,
pens

Habanero Smoker

TT;

Thanks for the update. Being admitted to a closer hospital where he can be treated 24/7 is a good move. My thoughts are still with you and your dad.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hillbillysmoker

Tiny, Our prayers continue for all involved. Hope that this new year is filled with the healing that is necessary for continued improvement. Stay strong and remember that you have many friends offering prayers and concerns.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

MRH

TT,

I haven't been checking here much lately. I must have missed the post when you first posted.  Glad to hear your Dad is getting better.
I was up in your area yesterday and came back today (Sioux City) Sounds like he is on the mend!

Mark

La Quinta

Tiny...you know we are with you...got your PM...will take care of it ... you know how we feel about our Tiny...you are a good guy with a big heart!! I like that in a person!! :) Dad will be better closer to you!!

HCT

TT,
   Thanks for the positive update. Good thoughts are with you through the day.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Tiny Tim

Thanks everybody.  As of last night, he says he'll stay until they're ready to get rid of him instead of lobbying to get out like last time.  Also, he doesn't think it'll be as long as he'd initially thought, so both are good.

LQ...you darn near made me cry...STOP IT!!!!!!!!!  :P :P ;D ;D :D :D

pensrock

Thats good news Tiny. Glad to hear things are looking up.
pens