$25 gift to a reader

Started by Spider5, December 24, 2008, 09:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spider5

I'm giving away a $25 gift certificate to Yard & Pool for a Bradley Smoker (or whatever else you want) to someone who leaves a comment on this post.  Right now Yard & Pool is running a special where they give you $5 for each $25 gift certificate you purchase.  So, I guess I'm also getting something for myself. :)

Smoking Duck

I guess I'll leave a post.......Merry Christmas!  Oops forgot the most important part........need these in a big way: http://www.yardandpool.com/High-Temperature-Jerky-Drying-Screen-p1900.html

[email protected]

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

dick621

MERRY CHRISTMAS from the great state of Idaho.
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

Smokin Soon

Now I could sure use that for a cold smoke add-on unit!

Tenpoint5

I can figure on needing a lot of things from Yard and Pool, but I am waiting for the hours at work to get back to normal for more than a month.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

AggieBQ72

Hey, I'm in!  I just started a rack of pork ribs for supper tonight.

Lee  Clayton
Texas

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Smokin Soon on December 24, 2008, 10:32:59 AM
Now I could sure use that for a cold smoke add-on unit!

If I'm selected as the recipient, please send it to Smoking Soon........the drying racks are very inexpensive compared to a cold-smoke unit.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Spider5

So, I guess I should clarify for the curious.  I'm not affiliated with Yard & Pool.  I'm just a blogger who writes about p2p lending - I know, totally unrelated.  I'm a long time member of the board but I don't post much (ever).

I thought I'd give away the gift certificate on my p2p lending blog.  I know it's not related to the topic of p2p lending, so I posted the message here on this forum as well.

My original intent was to give the certificate to someone who posts a comment on this blog post here : http://prosperlending.blogspot.com/2008/12/last-minute-gift-certificate-idea.html.  I also see the posts here on this thread and will add them to the mix when I pick someone.

I'll pick a name on January 1st.

Tom

Smokin Soon

Duck, yer choking me up here! It is a pretty good plug for Y&P, but they gent plenty of that here.

hillbillysmoker

Nice karma on your part. Thanks so much for sharing. Please consider me also.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Spider;

Welcome to the forum.

Just wanted to say that is very generous of you. I don't want the gift certificate, this forum has been overly generous to me.

If it is not a hardship, and you want to still donate the certificate any way; please check your PM (personal message).

Thanks again.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

Spider,
If what I am about to say is erroneous please forgive me but I'm a banker of 36 years.  Noticed that your website is a lending website that has been closed due to SEC regulations.  Is it possible that you are actually looking for contacts for future business? 

$25.00 is a cheap price to pay for contacts.

To my fellow forum members, I would proceed with caution.  Something's not kosher.  By the way, Spider's "long time" membership registered in May of 2008

KyNola

Spider5

KyNola (and everyone else),

Thanks for your concern. It's always wise to vigilant online.  My intentions are good.  I can see my offer has caused some concern.  This is the first time I've done something like this and can see it's an awkward mix between my unrelated blog and the forum. 

Just to clarify – my blog has not been closed due to SEC regulations.  I write about lending companies – one of which voluntarily halted lending prior to receiving a cease and desist by the SEC.  I've written extensively on the regulatory challenges in the industry.  I asked for an email address only because I needed it to send the gift certificate.  I hate spam as much as anyone else and had no other plans for the email addresses.  Like many bloggers and website owners, I do have advertising on my site.

I'm always looking for innovative ways to drive traffic to my blog.  I thought this might be a win-win-win my blog, my readers, and Yard & Pool.  It was an afterthought (after writing the post on my blog) that I posted a message on this board.  I apologize if I raised the ire of anyone.  Again, my intentions were good.  Hopefully you will forgive my bumbled entry into the forum.

I just sent a $25 gift certificate to Smoking Duck.  Good luck to everyone in 2009.

Happy New Year.

Tom

Habanero Smoker

Hi Tom;

My gut feeling was telling me that this was a legitimate post, and that your intentions were good. Thanks for your generosity.

Happy New Years;
Hab

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

HCT

Yeah, I was looking for that cold smoke add on also. Should have stayed up. :(
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"