Ist smoke

Started by GWP, December 26, 2008, 08:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWP

Got my smoker set up and seasoned, and did my first smoke yesterday. Much to my surprise my wife was looking forward to trying the results. She is not big on smoked cooking, though she has survived through three smokers. I went with the Auber controller and the stainless Bradley original 4 rack.
I went easy on the smoke, using apple. The baby back ribs sat for 24 hours with a cayanne pepper rub before smoking for two hours and cooking for another two hours.
She was impressed! This was the least work I have had smoking, and look forward to many more. The next batch will be more to my taste, with a hard smoke using mesquete. What fun!

Mr Walleye

Congrats GWP and welcome to the forum!

Keep us posted on your projects!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Welcome, GWP.

I've found that the more the wife likes it, the more you get to use it.  Kudos to you for impressing the bossy half.  Mine's really hard to impress (well, she wasn't when we first started dating but increased more as time went on)  ;D

I really wish my wife liked a spicier rub so that I could make stuff with a little more heat.  Be careful with the mesquite; we have some members on here (well, really just one) that got hooked on mesquite and would smoke sticky buns with mesquite if he could figure out how  ;D

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum GWP!

Congrats on your first smoke....I see many more in your future, helps alot when the better half is stoked also!

Mmmmmm......sticky buns!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum GWP!

I echo what the others have said. Carefull, smoking foods is addictive....  ;D ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bflosmoke

WELCOME GWP
You will find that using the bradley is easy and fun. You will never find a shortage of folks willing to help on this site.
BFLO