How NOT to do a pork loin

Started by westexasmoker, December 27, 2008, 09:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

I like the way you think Consigs and SS!

I was just in there slicing some up for the doggies, and had a taste its darn good a bit dry (shocking) but darn good!  I'm thinking sliced into chunks vac-seal and freeze!  Yeah, thats right I meant to do it this way... ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Consiglieri

Don't forget to pull out that "special" bottle of wine you picked out especially for this project.     ;D
Consiglieri

westexasmoker

Quote from: Consiglieri on December 27, 2008, 03:40:50 PM
Don't forget to pull out that "special" bottle of wine you picked out especially for this project.     ;D

Does bourbon count?

C

Consiglieri

Quote from: westexasmoker on December 27, 2008, 03:45:45 PM
Quote from: Consiglieri on December 27, 2008, 03:40:50 PM

Does bourbon count?

C

Now you have my attention.  I was just thinking about sampling a bit of Bookers. 
Consiglieri

westexasmoker

Just poured one onto the rocks.....And got a pot of beans soaking for tommorrow!   ;D

C

Smoking Duck

It's too bad your DIL didn't have that pork loin when her car was stolen....could've knocked the SOB out  :o ;D

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

KyNola

Hey WTS,
You know that pot of beans you're going to cook?  Some of that pork loin would be going in that pot at my house.  I vac sealed some smoked pork loin and then froze it to go in pots of gumbo.  Adds a nice smokey flavor.  Remember there are no mistakes, just happy accidents.

KyNola

FLBentRider

Quote from: Consiglieri on December 27, 2008, 03:53:04 PM
Now you have my attention.  I was just thinking about sampling a bit of Bookers.

Now you're talking "internal Seasoning"!

I may have to break open one for new years.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

firerescueman

QuoteI was just thinking about sampling a bit of Bookers.

Whew!   I had to read that twice......   I could have sworn you were sampling BOOGERS!   ???  ::)

;)

Jeff

hhhmmmmm......   smoked buggars...........  I wonder..................      naaaahhh....  nevermind! :-X

God has a sense of humor....  Don't believe me?  go to WalMart and just LOOK at people!

FLBentRider

Quote from: firerescueman on December 27, 2008, 07:21:23 PM
QuoteI was just thinking about sampling a bit of Bookers.

Whew!   I had to read that twice......   I could have sworn you were sampling BOOGERS!   ???  ::)

;)

Jeff

hhhmmmmm......   smoked buggars...........  I wonder..................      naaaahhh....  nevermind! :-X

Smoked boogers is what you get when you open the smoker door too much during a smoke! (and don't stand back)
:D ;D :D ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

iceman

Quote from: Mr Walleye on December 27, 2008, 11:25:10 AM
I got a nice chuckle out that one WesTex!  :D

I'm definitely not laughing at ya... but with ya!  ;)  :D

I'm pretty sure everybody can relate to this! Certainly I can.  :D  ;D

Mike

Amen to that Mike.  :D :o ::)

Up In Smoke

the last time i forgot something i blew up a charcoal smoker...just a little brinkman but it set the handles on fire
and roasted the paint off of it....not to mention the pork roast,lump....hell the dog wouldn't even eat it...
and i had to go into the neighbors yard to get the lid!
never ever let the water pan go dry and fill with pork fat....why? cause that stuff has a flash point!!!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

westexasmoker

As suggested diced up!

And into a pot of pintos with onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, diced tomatos and chipolte peppers.....time to simmer the rest of the day!

C

Smoking Duck

Like I always say, when life hands you lemons, find someone who's life has handed them vodka and have a party!  Nice way to take something that could have been a waste and turn it into a great meal!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Smokin Soon

Gotta love any smoked meat in beans! With the long low simmer, you will not even know the meat was pulverized.  :D