Boneless Pork Loin Roast

Started by GaryandKari, December 27, 2008, 01:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryandKari

Any tips on how long it will take to smoke, its about 4 pds (Its a whole pork loin) and to what temp..145?

I am going to slice when done and serve with a rosemary balsamic glaze, so I was thinking of just a simple rub of garlic and onion powder.

It has a lot of fat on top so I don't think I will use bacon.

westexasmoker

I usually pull mine at 150 then FTC for a bit.....just don't leave it in the oven all night!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Habanero Smoker

It's difficult to pin down times. Depending on several factors, if that is the only food that will be in the smoker, it can take 4 to 6 hours. I generally use a cabinet temperature of 225°F, and apply 1:40 - 2:00 hours of smoke. I generally trim the fat to 1/8" - 1/4", and cook until an internal temperature of 140°F. During rest the carry over should bring it up 3°F - 5°F higher.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smoking Duck

I'm with Habs on pulling at 140F.  Time is such an arbitrary thing.......it may take me 4 hours to get to 140F and it may take someone else 6 hours due to ambient temp, wind, etc.  I would plan on a 6 hour cook time and should it get done in 4 and too soon for dinner, FTC for 2 hours.  You won't need any bacon if your fat cap is 1/8" or more though it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Yea, don't leave it in overnight, unless of course, you're being distracted by a cute little girl......then, it's ok, right WTS?  ;D

Good luck,

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra