oh my GOSH this is bad

Started by love the smoke, December 28, 2008, 04:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

My turn....just now, looks like the bottom of the door broke off where it sits on the knurled pin.  Got dim light in the well house so hard to tell, but its Fubared....Gonna have to look tommorrow in the daylight  On the bright side got brisket done (other thread) and did some oysters maybe other thread.  Not sure if this will be fixable....we'll see!  All that dang mesquite.......Huh go figure!  ;D  ;D  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Mr Walleye

Westex... For real???

DO you have an OBS or a DBS?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

love the smoke

Yes that is what happened to mine also the plastic broke around lower hinge pin and thus door went rolling across garage floor

LTS
LTS

westexasmoker

Bingo....I think, gonna have to look.....not pretty either way!

C

Smokin Soon

Do the people at Bradley have any reponse to this!

Caneyscud

The pain!  The pain of it all!  WTS, send a pick so we all know what to look for!

Shakespeare
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Mr Walleye on December 30, 2008, 06:39:28 PM
Westex... For real???

DO you have an OBS or a DBS?

Mike

I'm curious if these are OBS or DBS that this has happened to. There are a few differences between the two, some of which are the lower front of the unit. I'm just wondering if there is any difference between the models regarding how the doors are mounted.

Mike

PS

Maybe SD could take a couple of pictures of the door mounts on both units that he has or have a look at them side by side to see if there are any differences.

westexasmoker

Hey Mike

Its an OBS when I get home from work today (hopefully early) I'll get it out onto the porch and see what were looking at, and take some pics.  Hopefully I can get it fixed/rigged up good enough to work, planned on a some serious smoking the rest of this week!

C

love the smoke

LTS

westexasmoker

Heres mine.....LTS yours survived a little better than mine!

And the hinge and whats left of that corner of the door

On the bright side, I just got off the phone with Bradley customer service...And once again they are incredible and are shipping out a new door next Monday..WooHoo!  Now I just got to fiqure out what to do till it gets here!

C

Mr Walleye

I just went and had a look at my DBS to see if it was the same and by the looks of it I think they are. They seem to pretty much mount to the plastic trim panel of the door. I couldn't take a picture of mine because of the way I have it installed in the garage.

I'm glad they are looking after you guys. Just seems odd that we've never really heard much about that and then all of the sudden ya got two! Oh well... what do you do...

Mike

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Mr Walleye on December 31, 2008, 01:01:21 PM
I'm glad they are looking after you guys. Just seems odd that we've never really heard much about that and then all of the sudden ya got two! Oh well... what do you do...

Mike

I was thinking the same.......you think it's mesquite?  ;D  I wonder if the production dates of the smokers are similar?  I've seen numerous occasions with different items where there was some blip in certain production runs and you have something like this happen.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Well... I think WTS's could be explained by Mesquite but I don't know if we can say definitively if that was the cause for LTS's.  :D

Mike

love the smoke

Well my smoker has seen a awefull lot of smoke lately but it has not been M smoke BUT............................it is no virgin either, as in its younger days it did get the M treatment so maybe that weekend it a little

LTS
LTS

westexasmoker

Ok how in the heck do you get the door off the top hinge pin....looks like it should just slide right up and out, but there's not enough clearance...I've got a plan (I know scary) to fix the bottom till the new door arrives but I can't get the SOB off!!

C