oh my GOSH this is bad

Started by love the smoke, December 28, 2008, 04:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firerescueman

It's tight, but it will come off.  You have to work the door out at an angle while lifting up.  Best I can remember, pull outward on the bottom of the door until the door is at about a 45 degree angle to the smoker,  then lift and work it off of the pin.   It's a little tricky,  but it can be done.  i just fixed mine a few weeks ago.

Jeff
God has a sense of humor....  Don't believe me?  go to WalMart and just LOOK at people!

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: westexasmoker on December 31, 2008, 04:28:45 PM
Ok how in the heck do you get the door off the top hinge pin....looks like it should just slide right up and out, but there's not enough clearance...I've got a plan (I know scary) to fix the bottom till the new door arrives but I can't get the SOB off!!

C

WTS
Try this open the door to about 120 - 150 degress then lift up on the door. As you lift up push the bottom of the door away from you.
You might have to push it almost to a horizontal postion at the same time keep trying to lift it high enough to get the top pin to come out of the hole in the hinge

hope this helps

westexasmoker

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) PR on December 31, 2008, 05:04:53 PM
Quote from: westexasmoker on December 31, 2008, 04:28:45 PM
Ok how in the heck do you get the door off the top hinge pin....looks like it should just slide right up and out, but there's not enough clearance...I've got a plan (I know scary) to fix the bottom till the new door arrives but I can't get the SOB off!!

C

WTS
Try this open the door to about 120 - 150 degress then lift up on the door. As you lift up push the bottom of the door away from you.
You might have to push it almost to a horizontal postion at the same time keep trying to lift it high enough to get the top pin to come out of the hole in the hinge

hope this helps

Jumps, Shoots and Scores......another one for Bradley heaven...door is off!  TYVM!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

firerescueman

QuoteJumps, Shoots and Scores......another one for Bradley heaven...door is off!  TYVM!

Cool!    Now,  until your new door comes in,  you can load up your smoker,  completely wrap it in tin foil,  and LIGHT THE MESQUITE!

Seriously./.......  I guess in a pinch one could just do a foil wrap and keep on a smokin' !!!!!

8)
God has a sense of humor....  Don't believe me?  go to WalMart and just LOOK at people!

westexasmoker

Door repair....Not pretty but functional!  Took the jigsaw to a 1 x 4 and cut a piece that would just fit into hole, secured with 2 screws then covered with JB weld.  Let sit overnight then drilled a hole for the hinge to sit in!  I will not be denied my need for mesquite!   ;D

C

Mr Walleye

Atta a boy WTS!  8)

A guys gotta do what a guys gotta do to getter done!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

Hat's off to WTS on this one! A classic case of "SMOKE SURVIVAL"

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

pensrock

Well WTS, she ain't pretty but you can once again get the smoke rollin!  ;)
JB Weld..... like liquid duct tape.  ;D

westexasmoker

There ain't nothin that can't be fixed with duct tape, baleing wire or JB weld!   ;D

C

Caneyscud

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

love the smoke

Got new door, got new door on, smoked a chicken yesterday turned out awesome

Bradley customer service rocks

Thanks
LTS
LTS

Patience

Word on the street is that there is a bacon wrapped chicken recipe that might blow your doors off.  I guess you found it!  :P 

Now that its off, think outside the box.  Make your smoker open like a DeLorean or something...put some bling in your thing.  Isn't this smokin' stuff fun???

When stuff breaks, its just asking for a little modification.

Better luck in the future!

Patience
A well used minimum suffices for everything -- Phileas Fogg

westexasmoker

WooHoo!  My new door arrived today, but I think I'll just leave it in the box for now.  The repaired one is still just a rockin along!

C

Gizmo

You'll have to keep us posted on this one and let us know which gives out first, the JB Weld or the rest of the Door.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/