New DBS 6-rack with PWR issues?

Started by texjauto, December 28, 2008, 05:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texjauto

Got a new BDS 6-rack for Christmas.  When I plug in the smoker, the briquette advancer starts to advance the briquettes.  When I press the smoker button, it continues to do the above and starts to flash an "E" in the bottom left of the digital display.  Recycled power, R/R'd fuse (not blown), verified cables and still same results.  Any ideas before I call technical support tomorrow?
Thanks.

KyNola

pensrock

I think 'E' means something is causing a jam of the puck pushing mechinism. Watch the unit while its trying to push and see if you can see what is causing the jam. You do not need to be pushing an actual puck to do this.

buckshot_00

I am having the exact same issue. Turn on power and the machine wants to continuosly advance biscuits and beep non-stop. Hot plate works and heating unit works, but can't get pucks to stop advancing long enough to start smoking.

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: buckshot_00 on January 09, 2009, 05:04:25 PM
I am having the exact same issue. Turn on power and the machine wants to continuosly advance biscuits and beep non-stop. Hot plate works and heating unit works, but can't get pucks to stop advancing long enough to start smoking.

Hi Buckshot try this and see if it helps

Open the generator, and look at the micro switch that is going to be a grey rectangle shaped switch located on the right hand side of the motor.
First, make sure that the wires to the switch are connected secondly makes sure nothing is blocking that switch and the motor arm.
.To test the micro switch plug the generator in and then push the wood advance button when the motor starts to turn push the black button on the micro switch with your finger the motor should stop when the button is depressed. If the motor stops when you push the button with your finger the switch needs to be moved closer to the motor by losing the two mounting screws and moving the switch closer to the motor.If the motor continues to turn you have a defective micro switch.
2) Check the connection between the motor and the control box make sure the wires are pushed firmly into the connector.