Makes me mad AND sad...

Started by seemore, December 29, 2008, 05:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Scott and I watched "Dogtown" on Animal Planet last night.  It just happened to be the episode where the center was in the process of rehabilitating what dogs they could from Michael Vick's compound.
Those pits had been so abused it just made me sick.  One of them that was featured had been used as a bait dog, and it was literally afraid of it's own shadow.
Then, it reminded me of our Dobie, who we lost not too long ago to kidney disease.  That dog was our "baby", so to speak, and was treated so well.  In short, he was spoiled rotten, but that to me is what dogs are for.........
I guess I am just missing the wet nose greeting every day when I come home from work.  And the thud of those big paws hitting the floor in a full run towards me.
We will get another dog some day.  In the meantime, I can only hope that those pits will finally have a somewhat decent life ahead of them.
Sorry, guess I just had to vent.  There.  I'm finished.  Sybil II, aka Mrs. S. 

deb415611

Mrs. S,

No need to apologize.  The way that some people treat animals is horrific.  I hope that some of those dogs are able to be rehabilitated.  It's a special person who adopts them.  It takes alot of work, patience & time.  My mother-in-law adopted a dog (different breed , a little different situation) that had been pretty much torn apart by some other dogs.  She has worked hard & he is still very timid but not quite as afraid of his shadow as he was.

Sorry to hear about your Dobie.  We lost our dog in September (also a spoiled rotten dog) so I can relate to the missing of the wet nose & thud of paws. 

Deb

HCT

Sorry to hear of your loss seemore. I lost my lab, Zorro, back at the end of august. I'll never get used to it, he's still with me. I'm lucky to have 5 others to help me cope.

Yeah the way the Vicks dogs were treated was horrible. The sad thing is that the mentality of those peeps is that they are doing nothing wrong, just a part of their culture. That's something I can't believe. 
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

seemore

Five other dogs?  Wow, that must be one heck of a greeting when you come home at night!
Our dog was so spoiled that he slept with us!  In fact, we got a King size bed in order to accomodate the new arrangement.
Kind of hard to sleep comfortably in a Queen bed with an 85 pound dog between the two of us.