Forum Posting

Started by Bradley (Head Office), December 31, 2008, 04:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley (Head Office)

Hello Everyone

I've received some messages and noticed a few posts on the forum that are posted in the wrong board.
When you are posting something please make sure your are putting it in the correct board
I dont want to have to go and move them all  i think that just makes it look more of a mess

Thanks
And have a Happy New Year

jeff_smoke

Brian,
    what's the difference between my post and the more senior
member's post immediately below mine entitled "Smoked turkey breast".
I was pretty excited about the OBS, but you've beat up on me twice
on this forum. I don't feel welcome here because of you.
-- Jeff

ps. and if I'm not ; just say it and I'll exit stage left.

Smoking Duck

Jeff,

I may be out of line here and if I am, I apologize.  I don't think Brian was/is trying to single anyone out.  I think he's just trying to keep the forum a little better organized than what we have in the past.  You should know that we haven't always had a Bradley rep on these boards for very long and so I think there's a learning curve that occurs with everybody on here.  I've spoken with Brian before and can attest that he's a really good guy and is only trying to keep things as organized on here as possible as it seems this board is growing by leaps and bounds (even in the short time I've been around).  However, I think I speak for most on here (and if I don't I'm sure I'll be duly chastised by the powers that be; Mr. Walleye, leave me alone  ;D) when I say that nobody wants to see anyone leave and all are welcome here.  Even as I'm a regular here, I still struggle at times where to put posts.  However, most folks treat me like the weird uncle that gets drunk every Thanksgiving and they just put up with me. ;)

Please don't take anything personally with regards to where to put posts in this forum......it is a learning process and Brian is doing his best at keeping things organized.  This forum is great because of the people that are here and all just want to see it become bigger and better.  Just my two cents.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Hi Jeff

I couldn't agree more with SD. I too have dealt with Brian in the past and he really is just trying to keep it all organized. By keeping it organized it also helps everybody when they are looking for something and they are in the appropriate category.

Please don't take offence to it Jeff, everybody around here really are very friendly and all are welcome here for sure.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

jeff_smoke

Thanks guys. I didn't want to get into a rant. I sent Smoken Duck an email explaining
why I argued the issue. It's more than just moving my post.
This is the second time Brian has stepped on me in a cold way.
I'm a naturally silly person, so I don't mix well with that.
I'll just read rather than post, if my brand of humor doesn't work.
:)

NePaSmoKer

Jeff

I agree with mike and SD. Brian is just making sure things look and run well here. In the past we had a rash of very nasty spam on here. He is done a great job. Please dont take his moving your post the wrong way.
I have had some of my posts moved. Maybe excited to post and just posted in the wrong board but no biggie.
nepas

Smoking Duck

Quote from: jeff_smoke on January 07, 2009, 06:18:59 PM
Thanks guys. I didn't want to get into a rant. I sent Smoken Duck an email explaining
why I argued the issue. It's more than just moving my post.
This is the second time Brian has stepped on me in a cold way.
I'm a naturally silly person, so I don't mix well with that.
I'll just read rather than post, if my brand of humor doesn't work.
:)

Believe me when I say this.......all brands of humor work here.  I am living proof of that.  Ask anyone  ;D ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: jeff_smoke on January 07, 2009, 05:02:11 PM
Brian,
    what's the difference between my post and the more senior
member's post immediately below mine entitled "Smoked turkey breast".
I was pretty excited about the OBS, but you've beat up on me twice
on this forum. I don't feel welcome here because of you.
-- Jeff

ps. and if I'm not ; just say it and I'll exit stage left.

Hello Jeff

I am sorry if you feel like i am trying to single you out. I am not.
As for the post below yours that did not get moved it is because i did not see it.
Your post was on Jan 6 the one below was Jan 2 I am just starting to move post that are in the wrong place.
I am just trying to keep the posts in the proper boards this makes it easier for everybody to find them.Who wants to look in the original smoker board for a good Mesquite smoked
steak recipe.
I dont want you to sit back and just read you are more than welcome to post here
I would just like you and everybody to try and post in the correct board.
As for being the second time i have (as you say stepped on me in a cold way)
Your other post may have been humorus but we do have people that buy our smokers online from E-Bay and elsewhere and there have been cases where a customer has recieved a used smoker IE: Just Seasoned. A lot of people read this forum and i just did not want anybody to think Bradley is selling Pre seasoned smokers.

Once again i apologize if you think you are being singled out
That was not my intention.

Thanks Brian

La Quinta

Hey jeff_smoke...no worries...feel free to post whatever you want. Don't worry about where it's put on the forum. Hell, SD and I jack more threads then "Carter has liver pills!!!" (And old people expression (like me) you may not understand...but it's a good thing!!!) 

Smokin Soon

Yeah, Jeff I have been on a lot of forums where you get "spanked" but this is not one of them, so smoke on, and keep on sharing!

westexasmoker

Quote from: La Quinta on January 07, 2009, 07:32:15 PM
Hey jeff_smoke...no worries...feel free to post whatever you want. Don't worry about where it's put on the forum. Hell, SD and I jack more threads then "Carter has liver pills!!!" (And old people expression (like me) you may not understand...but it's a good thing!!!) 

Holy Crap...Than Carter's have pills........Holy crap.....I'm home!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

KyNola

Hey Jeff!
You stay right here with us buddy.  You have lots to contribute to this forum.  This deal is more of a misunderstanding and not intentional or targeted I'm sure.  In today's world, we all need all of the friends and humor we can get so you just stay right here.  We need you much more than you need us.

KyNola

sherlock

Like everybody said above, Don't give up. We all learn a lot from each other and even newbies contribute sometimes. I don't think I personally have made my contrution yet but someday...................

Awhile back, we were bombarded by SPAM so Brian has definitely had his work cut out for him. We must admit, that if an article is in the right forum, it will be much easier to find. I sometimes have problems figuring out which catagory to place a post.
Nathan

jeff_smoke

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) PR on January 07, 2009, 06:50:41 PM
Who wants to look in the original smoker board for a good Mesquite smoked
steak recipe.
I dont want you to sit back and just read you are more than welcome to post here
I would just like you and everybody to try and post in the correct board.
As for being the second time i have (as you say stepped on me in a cold way)
Your other post may have been humorus but we do have people that buy our smokers online from E-Bay and elsewhere and there have been cases where a customer has recieved a used smoker IE: Just Seasoned. A lot of people read this forum and i just did not want anybody to think Bradley is selling Pre seasoned smokers.

Brian, when I log in, I go straight to the OBS board as that's the unit I own and that's where I'd always posted.
I was not specifically posting a recipe. I had gotten that tip from a new member "commonsense" in some other post
in the OBS board. I wanted those who frequent that board and whom had been keeping up with that new member's progress and experiences
to see that I had really appreciated the tip. If I put the post in the meat section, I doubt that most of the OBS board readers would have seen it nor made the
connection...particularly not that new member. It was a post of appreciation and recommendation, not a recipe per se.
      I understand and can somewhat appreciate the task of keeping the forum organized and free of spam, but pesonally from a user's perspective (and I'm an old IT pro myself...I have my own dreaded users to deal with by daytime); I'm more into usability.
I don't want to be saddled with organizational duty when I'm posting. Seems if you think my post was good PR and/or a good recipe, then you can make a copy for those areas.
      About the "Seasoned Bradley" comment. That was very obviously humor. But still people could get confused if they didn't read the whole thing
or they're just dimwitted. So, sure I understand your reply, just not the way you said it. It's just the combo of your heavy-handed, corporate-overlord reply, then my post getting moved pretty soon thereafter that got me upset. Cool Hand Luke comes to mind; e.g "failure to communicate". I pictured you with your mirrored sunglasses.  ;D
      Anyway, folks here say you're a nice guy and do a good job keeping up the site. Maybe just a misunderstanding...
Thanks for replying.