WTS does Salmon???

Started by westexasmoker, January 02, 2009, 07:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

All right first things first......Sorry Kummok, I'm a trying!

We don't get fresh caught salmon down here (Duh, we don't get anything fresh caught....well maybe catfish) , how I long for the days of a DR test in Seattle!

But 6.99 lb and this is what ya get!  And yep I'm up for it!

All sliced up and ready for the brine!

Followed Kummoks receipe, except went half soy and half teriyaki and a cup of bourbon then covered with more H2o.....Resting for the night till tommorrow!

C

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

You gotta do what you gotta do.......I'm a believer that Kummok's Salmon, even with Farm-raised salmon (egads!) is better than no Kummok's salmon at all.  But, if I've got my choice, fresh will always win out over farm raised.  However, in your situation, you gotta go with what you can.

Nice touch with the bourbon......how much went into the brine and how much went into the gullet?  ;D

Looking forward to the finished product!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

KyNola

WTS WTS WTS!!
I am all over the fact that you are truly ready to expand your horizons.  You are sooo gonna love the salmon.  Let us know when you stop smili ;D ng after the first taste!  Pretty much I'm thinking you will look like this.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D 

tsquared

Looks like it's going to be great WTS! Just reassure me you're not going to use that desert scrub you like for smoke! Poseidon will hunt you down in Texas and nail you with his trident if you do that!! ;D
T2

La Quinta

:D  :D  :D

WTS....I'm darn proud of you....and if you want to smoke with scrubrush...you just do that my friend!!! Apple, hickory, maple, pecan, cherry or oak would be fine as well ya know!!! Looks fabulously yummy...so do what you will....I'm not even sure the "wood of which we shall not speak" can mess that load up!!  ;D

Kummok

It does my heart good to see this post WTS!! Smoked soylent green is better than no smoke at all.....yer off to a good start!  ;) It might even turn out that the bourbon counters the farm upbringing and makes the salmon at least a little wild...... ;) ;)

Gizmo

Quote from: Kummok on January 02, 2009, 10:45:55 PM
the bourbon ...  makes the salmon at least a little wild...... ;) ;)

Only if the salmon was drinking it first.   ;D

Even farmed will be better than none.   ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

Okie Dokie, out of the brine and onto the drying racks!

C

pensrock

Just wait till you taste the finished product WTS. (As I sit here munching on a piece.)  ;D

Its well worth the time and effort.

westexasmoker

4 hours later we have pellicle, I did use a small fan to help with the drying

Time to roll the smoke!

C

westexasmoker

Done deal...about 6 hours

And all vac-sealed....except for the ones I ate  ;D  OMG.....GOOD!

C

westexasmoker

Kummok................Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

C

Gizmo

Gee WTS,
I have been waiting all day for that last set of Pics.  Now I can go to bed with visions of salmon candy dancing in my head.

Looking Good in the neighborhood bud.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

Mmmmm... Kummok's Salmon!  :D

Great job WTS!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

We can usually start catching salmon in these parts around March.  I've made a New Years Resolution to go salmon fishing as many times as I possibly can so that I can have Kummok's Salmon all year long.

Great job on the salmon, WTS!

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra