Cabelas kits

Started by HCT, January 03, 2009, 08:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

Cabelas has their sausage kits on sale for $4.88. Spices and 30ft. of hog casings. They come in German, Kielbasa, Chorizo and for smoking, bologna. Anybody ever use them? How do you rate them.
Thanks.
Mike
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

lumpy

I tried to order some kits last week and was told that these kits will not be shipped to Canada.
Must be a homeland security issue. I can just see it now.....throwing sauages across the border ;D

FYI Canadian boys!

Lumpy

Piker

I used to get a lot of kits and spices from the U.S. but most of them wont ship to Canada due to all the red tape the govt. has thrown up. Also now with the dollar as low as it is plus taxes brokerage fees etc it is cheaper to buy here in Canada except you do not have the choices that is available in the U.S. I use Halford Hide and Leather in Calgary and Edmonton and a place called Stuffers.com In Burnaby B.C.

Mr Walleye

Piker

I'm not sure if this would work but in Regina there is a great store called JB Sausage. They have pretty much everything and I know they do ship as well. There web site isn't great but is does give you an idea of what they have. Here is the site.

http://www.jbsausagesupplies.com/catalog/

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

smokeitall

Quote from: HCT on January 03, 2009, 08:04:27 AM
Cabelas has their sausage kits on sale for $4.88. Spices and 30ft. of hog casings. They come in German, Kielbasa, Chorizo and for smoking, bologna. Anybody ever use them? How do you rate them.
Thanks.
Mike

I just made 25lbs of the garlic and onion from Cabelas.  Its pretty good, I have no complaints.  There are a couple other seasonings there that I would like to try but they were kind of expensive.  Thanks for the tip I think I will run over tonight and grab a couple to try.  Living a few miles away from a Bass Pro Shop and Cabelas is nice!!!

Smoking Duck

Sorry, HCT....never used them but at that price, it'd be worth a try IMO.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

pensrock

I'd bet NEPAS has tried some of them.  ???
I think he tends to mosty do his sausages from scratch though.
And boy do they look good.  :)