got done way early

Started by sixx27am, January 04, 2009, 07:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixx27am

i put the loin in at 1am est and went to bed; got up at 4 am to empty the water and refill it. everything looked and smelled great. i changed the water at 8:30am and checked the internal temp, it was 190 already. so naturally i panicked  :o and go looking for the cooler only to discover i had thrown all of the smaller ones away and of course i saved the one that is the size of a casket. so i improvise, i grabbed a pyrex caserole and put it in the oven, then preheateted i to 170.

once it was preheated, i put a 1/4 inch of apple juice on the bottom, put the loin in and covered with foil. so right now it is in the over doin my improvised version of FTC. I need to serve this around 5-5:30 pm to company. will it safely hold in the oven from now till then? if not an suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

p.s i was not able to resist the temptation of sawing off a small sliver and tasting it. holy crap was it good.

thanks in advance and have a great day

Smoking Duck

Pork loin is a very lean meat and thus, comes to temp much quicker than a meat like boston butt which needs to break down a lot of fat and connective tissue.

If it were me, I'd throw in the refer and then take out and reheat in the oven for dinner.  I might also consider taking out of the refer and putting in the slow cooker with some AJ to reheat.  You definitely want some juice in there when reheating.  It may become too dry after taking the intial IT to 190.

Just my thoughts......

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra