WTS tater salad

Started by westexasmoker, January 04, 2009, 01:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Had a hankering for some tater salad for with dinner tonight!

Couple pounds taters, boiled unitl fork tender and drained, some hard boiled eggs and crispy fried (yes mesquite smoked) bacon....And other goodies for assembly!

All chopped up.....onion, garlic, pickled jalapenos, egg, bacon and some lemon

Mash yer taters, not too much, throw all your chopped stuff in with a splash of hot sauce, lemon juice, some mustard, mayo and pickle relish, salt and pepper to taste!

Throw in the fridge until the meat comes out of the smoker!

C

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

Good looking tater salad, WTS.

Just made some smoked hash browns with garlic and cheese mixed in.  Smoked the skinned potatoes for 30 minutes, shredded them with a cheese grater, added some garlic.  Heated about 4 T of unsalted butter, fried them up in the butter for about 8 mins per side and then put them on low to cook a little longer and threw some shredded cheese on top.

I think taters are my favorite side dish of all time.  The wife loves poatato salad...I'm gonna have to give yours a try.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

pensrock

WTS..... are you the one they call 'tater salad'?  ;) ;D ;D

seemore

all i know is that i want some tater salad now!!!!
seemore

stillsmoking

Westexas, gotta admit I am not a fan of the potato salad but seeing yours I may be converted soon.  Heck, I might even try some of that evil weed you use in your smoker!  All kidding aside that is some great looking and sounding potato salad.  Will be showing this to the wife!

KyNola

Pens, WTS can't be the one 'cause "they caught the tater, they caught tater salad".  :D  :D  :D

pensrock

Gizmo

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 04, 2009, 01:57:49 PM

Just made some smoked hash browns with garlic and cheese mixed in.  Smoked the skinned potatoes for 30 minutes, shredded them with a cheese grater, added some garlic.  Heated about 4 T of unsalted butter, fried them up in the butter for about 8 mins per side and then put them on low to cook a little longer and threw some shredded cheese on top.

I think taters are my favorite side dish of all time.  The wife loves poatato salad...I'm gonna have to give yours a try.

SD

I can see a new recipe,  Garlic Cheese Smoked Hash Brown Potato Salad.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Caneyscud

Quote from: Gizmo on January 04, 2009, 09:01:58 PM
Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 04, 2009, 01:57:49 PM

SD

I can see a new recipe,  Garlic Cheese Smoked Hash Brown Potato Salad.

Or
Garlic Cheese Smoked Bacon Tater Tot Potato Salad.  I've got to find something to do with that leftover bag of tater tots.

MOMMA - don't bend over in the garden - Them tater's got eyes.  Lewis Grizzard - sorta

Shakespeare
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Gizmo

I would have said that too Caney only I did the Tator Tot Casserole when I took my first cooking class at 10 years old.  Guy on the Food Network also does a few dishes with Tator Tots.  They are a versatile food group.   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

cowgirl

Looks wonderful Westexas!!

seemore

West Texas, we made this tonight, and it is great stuff!!!!  WE really like to addition of the jalapenos to it.
Seemore

Smokin Soon

Save those skins! Give them a gentle smoke for 40 minutes, toss in a plastic bag with butter ,garlic,Parmesan,a pinch of heat, and into the big easy or oven.

HCT

wts, I never did it mashed style but this looks great. Another to do soon recipe. Especially with potatoes, my favorite.
SS, you hit the nail on the head with the skins. :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"