Sausage Rack

Started by Stoker, January 04, 2005, 02:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoker

Has anyone used the Sausage Rack? How many sausage rings can you hang on the unit, and can you use more than one at a time in the BS.[?]

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

havent trid it with rings, i bet it will hold maybe 10 i am guessing, if you were doing rings the bradley will hold 2 sausage racks , it will fit on any shelf.

Stoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SMOKEHOUSE ROB</i>
<br />havent trid it with rings, i bet it will hold maybe 10 i am guessing, if you were doing rings the bradley will hold 2 sausage racks , it will fit on any shelf.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks, I will be cooking about 800 lbs of sausage in Feb. (not all in the BS) and was thinking of using the BS as a supplement smoker.

Jim

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, Jim!

I just ordered a sausage rack from Chez Bubba and I'm planning to use it for hanging ribs as well as sausage.  Has anyone else tried this?  If not, I'll let everyone know how it works . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

Have the rack, but don't want to try with ribs. Worried that when they get tender they might fall off the hooks.  

The newest most innovative way of doing ribs was recently posted, and might try it next time.  You roll the rack up and put skewers through them to hold them together at the ends.  Then just stand-up on the horizontal shelves.   I don't do enough of them to want to do production on them, but it would seem the best to stand them up on racks that allow them to stand verical with about an inch between to allow circulation.  

You could do a slug of ribs at once!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

ribs, havent trid hanging them yet, but i think if you leave a piece of membrain om  and hang threw it or threw the joint? but i will be hanging some salmon this weekend .J2C cant wait to here what you think of it.