Doggie Pix

Started by seemore, January 08, 2009, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Kiki the jerky pup. Age 12 weeks.

Kiki the jerky pup. Age 23 months

nepas

seemore

Nice pics, Carnie, Nepa, MR. Walleye, and Caribou!  Pets - any kind - are such great companions.  I know it has been terribly QUIET in our house the last couple months.  I need to hear paws thundering through the house!  I need to fight for the bedsheets in the middle of the night!  I need a wet nose to greet me at the door when I come home from work!
Scott's nose is not wet, so that won't work........  ;)

stillsmoking

Nice post, my dogs have always been more than just dogs to me.  Buddy is our current pardner, alarm system and waste disposal unit.  He had a tough start, abusive first owner and then got shifted around from family to family for a while.  He was three when we got him and very cautious around men due to his previous experiences.  He is nine now, half blind and spoiled nearly useless but in the end he has watched over my daughter since her birth and performed his duties without flaw.  He has long since earned his place in this home.  One of the people that used to care for him when we had to travel called him a "love sponge", a very affectionate and loving dog, it's a minor miracle considering his background.  He is half lab and have Australian shepherd and just an all around good dog.

Smoking Duck

Great looking pics!

SS, you can really see the Australian shepherd in his face.  Good on you for taking in an abused dog.  I always feel like finding the owners of abused dogs and repeating the treatment on them but always stop before I do anything stupid.  I had an Australian Shepherd many years back (about 20 years ago).  That dog was very protective of me.  When he (his name was Brio which is italian for life) was about 2 years old, a german shepherd that lived about 1/2 mile down the country road came up our way and started growling at me, Brio came out of nowhere and next thing I know, he's got that dog by the throat and just wouldn't let go.  Eventually, my ex-father in law and I had to throw both of them in the pond before he would let go.  I'd never seen the dog like that before or after but when he thought that dog was threatening me, he tore into him.  I remember he was as strong as a horse as well.  When my ex-wife would try and take him for a walk, he'd eventually just get to the point where he was dragging her. 

Thanks for the pics....his face reminded me of some good times with my old buddy, Brio.

sD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Smokin Soon

My last pal was half Australian shepherd and Collie. He was also a gentle giant. 85 lbs and the kids my wife were babysitting for would try to ride him. When he had enough of that he would just retreat to a quiet place, never a snarl or anything. He was a rescue dog we got and he did have a good 15 years with us.

HCT

Mike, great pics. I often wonder what dogs thing when we dress them up. I had a dobie when I was a kid and dressed him in pj's. It was a hoot to watch him walk around.
Nepas, Kiki is one beautiful toy. Her colors are really attracting to look at. I take a glance at her and have to look longer. They just pull me in.
Caribou, now that one's for the birds. I, we raise chickens and guineas also. My daughter had one guinea, when she was young, that use to sit on her shoulder as she walked around.
SS, I'm always partial to the labs and their mixes. I see strong lab in the pics, always dominent genes it seems. :D From blockhead to otter tail. Great pics.
Duck, my dobie did the same time when 2 german shepards ran up on me. He grabbed the bitch by the throught and the male ran away to hide. It was the only time I ever saw him in that mode. He was another gentle giant.
This is a great thread.  :) :) :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Caneyscud

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 13, 2009, 02:58:38 PM
Kiki the jerky pup. Age 12 weeks.

Kiki the jerky pup. Age 23 months

nepas

NePa,

I tend to not like what my daughter calls foo-foo dogs until I see pics like this.  Kiki is just too darned cute not to like!

Is that comment too girlie?

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Air
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

NePaSmoKer

not girlie at all. don't matter what the dog looks like cuz they are part of your family and give you unconditional love no matter what.

nepas

Smoking Duck

Do you have yours trained to attack, Nepas?   ;D

My wife likes them......calls them lap dogs......I call them ankle biters but I do like them just the same.  The wife really wants a small one in the worst way.  If my hunting buddies saw me with one of them, it'd take a long time to live that down.  ;)  But, heck, I'm not afraid to wear pink shirts, so why should that bother me?  :D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 14, 2009, 12:18:59 PM
Do you have yours trained to attack, Nepas?   ;D

My wife likes them......calls them lap dogs......I call them ankle biters but I do like them just the same.  The wife really wants a small one in the worst way.  If my hunting buddies saw me with one of them, it'd take a long time to live that down.  ;)  But, heck, I'm not afraid to wear pink shirts, so why should that bother me?  :D

Yeah they attack any jerky that falls on the ground  ;D

Schitzu pups are good small family dogs.

nepas

seemore

Little dogs are the brutes!  ;) When we first got married we had a dachsund.  Then we got a Dobie who grew to be a good size-107 pounds.  Believe me when I say that the Doxie RULED.  It was hilarious to watch!

Smoking Duck

I've got a friend who has 2 labs and his wife has a weiner dog.  That little thing will run right along with the labs (though he needs to watch out for speed bumps  ;)) and when he gets mad at them, he jumps up and kind of kicks them in the face.  It's funnier than heck.  He'll even go in the water when we're working with the dogs on water retrieves.  He goes a lot slower and every now and then, one of the labs will nudge him back to shore.  He sure is funny to watch!

Tenpoint5

Duck you should make the little fella a rabbit dog.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

Naw, got plenty of friends who have beagles and I'd much rather hunt rabbits with beagles than the little whine of the wiener dog. They sure are cute little buggers, though.

Tenpoint5

Ok Here's my addition to the Pet Pics. It's of our new Jack-Russel/Rat Terrior puppy "Roxie" and our cat "C-A-T". They are just playing and since Roxie's arrival the cat has lost 3 lbs. Wonder why? They are the best of friends. Sorry its alittle dark at first but it lightens up.

Click on picture for video:
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!