Doggie Pix

Started by seemore, January 08, 2009, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Marc,
Since you would be technically providing a foster home for these 2 labs, would the local shelter or rescue group possibly help you out with food?
Maybe even hit the local grocery store, feed store or pet stores for discounted torn bags.
Just a thought. :)
ps I loved seeing the pups on video!
Carolyn

Habanero Smoker

Marc;

This is becoming a nationwide problem, so I'm sure there are organizations out there to help. Do a search on "Foreclosure Pets", you will get a lot of hits.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

HCT

Marc, Glad to hear the pups are all okay. Steeler will get over it, she knows that you would never cause any harm. She's a lab, need I say more. ;)
There are alot of 'soup kitchens' & 'food banks' for dogs cropping up. Ask around at the vets and shelters. Get a copy of the "Animal Magazine", at the vets, they're free. I think that's the name, anyway it's a newspaper with lots of info.  My daughter is in the process of getting more info on starting one in my area.
Do what you can to rescue those 2 girls, they're labs and labs bring good karma. :) Boy that sounds silly, but it's true. You'll never regret it. You already know that. ;)

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

Actually, I think my buddy who has the dog that sired the pups is going to take them in with the caveat that anytime they get back on their feet, the couple can have them back.  My buddy is single and has a whole house the dogs can run through.  Plus, it's an added bonus that he doesn't have to "check" with anyone else first.  I'll watch the dogs whenever he needs to go out of town, so I think these are being taken care of for now.  I have a bad feeling these may be one of many.  Sad situation, really.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Caneyscud

Quote from: Smoking Duck on February 25, 2009, 08:11:02 AM
Actually, I think my buddy who has the dog that sired the pups is going to take them in with the caveat that anytime they get back on their feet, the couple can have them back.  My buddy is single and has a whole house the dogs can run through.  Plus, it's an added bonus that he doesn't have to "check" with anyone else first.  I'll watch the dogs whenever he needs to go out of town, so I think these are being taken care of for now.  I have a bad feeling these may be one of many.  Sad situation, really.
Agreed!  I was wading (fly fishing) the river Sat. afternoon and just after starting the first casts, something bumped into my leg - scared the snot outta me - thought some big gator was gonna get me!  Ended up it was a rather large black lab that came in to greet me and he was silent - I did not hear him come up behind me.  Patted him on the head and scratched his ears a little and he went off on his merry way.  Coming off the river, there he was again, a good looking adult black male lab in good condition, and three smaller and less well fed black labs (one had a hurt leg) that were running around the parking lot.  Nobody had ever seen them before - no collars or tags - and this was sorta in the sticks.  We all talked about what to do and one of the guys had a tonneau cover on the bed of his truck and he decided to take them back into Nashville and the rescue people.  I would have loved to have had him - he was a beautiful dog.  I can't believe someone would dump all those beautiful dogs.  That is someone I wouldn't mind hurting!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

westexasmoker

Speaking of puppies, we just added a new member to our pack.  14 month old mastiff his name is chief, and yes he likes everything smoked with mesquite!  :D

You can see our dobie is so impressed with her little brother!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

Man, that's a big dog, WTS.  You'd better be careful......if you don't feed him enough mesquite-smoked brisket, he's liable to eat you!  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Quote from: westexasmoker on February 25, 2009, 09:59:08 AM
and yes he likes everything smoked with mesquite! 

And he will decide when and how much!  ;)  :D  ;D

Great lookin' addition WTS!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HCT

Boy, That's a whole lot of love. ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Caribou

Looks like Chief makes a toasty foot stool! :D
What's Miss dobie's name?
Carolyn

westexasmoker

Quote from: Caribou on February 25, 2009, 02:06:07 PM
Looks like Chief makes a toasty foot stool! :D
What's Miss dobie's name?
Carolyn

That would be waggles!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

That is one big dog...looks like a gentle giant....always nice to have one of them around!!! Especially the bark!!!  :)

iceman

Hmmm.... Just a bit past the lap dog stage I'd say but maybe the whole couch perhaps. What a cutie!!!

seemore

HCT, that mastiff is adorable!  Waggles looks she is quite content to be the "big sister".  Looking at her makes me want another Doberman. 

Caney, I could not agree with you more about those abandoned Labs.  What is wrong with people?

La Quinta

I think the housing crisis has made people make decisions they never would have thought possible in their lives...the stock market as well...I guess if you love your dogs...you'd never ever drop them somewhere (which I would suspect in this case). I would eat out of a McDonald's dumpster before I/we would leave our dogs...sad really...good news is...IT CAN REALLY...ONLY GET BETTER....