Doggie Pix

Started by seemore, January 08, 2009, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josbocc

Hey All,

Thought that I'd share our little bundle of mischief with you, if I can figure out how to get this darned Photobucket thing to work...,

That was our baby at about 2 months, here is Sage now...,

She can be as cute as the day is long, but put a tennis ball in front of her, and you had better have eaten your wheaties that morning.  By the way, she loves Habs Canadian Bacon, and just about anything else that Dad pulls out of the smoker.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Up In Smoke

Jeff,
what a beauty.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

HCT

Hey Jeff, thanks for sharing Sage. ;) :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

josbocc

Up in Smoke and HCT,

Thanks,

Momma will be very happy to hear that her little girl is winning more hearts.  Duck, best of luck with the pups.  Our daughter, and sister-in-law both have Labs, Bubba and Bailey are both Chocolates, and are just a couple months older than Sage.  It's quite a circus when we get the three of them together.  The labs are stronger..., but the Sager is faster!!!

Reading this whole thread has been a reminder that todays issues are not really all that important.  I've been moved to tears more than once sharing all of your stories, and remembering my former friends.  This forum is not just a place to share recipes or ideas..., it's a place to come to when you need some cheering up.

Thanks to everyone that has shared an experience about their "Best Friend."

Jeff
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Caribou

Quote from: Up In Smoke on March 15, 2009, 08:39:27 AM
Carolyn,
bailey is the only one i have now.
i lost yeller last march to cancer,she was 13. ironically enough it was march 17Th which i noticed was a record day for members being online at once.
i have always wanted a great Dane but i think i am going to wait until i retire before i get another dog.
that way i will have the time needed to spend with them.
do Danes come with saddles or do you have to get that separate? :)
You know as much as I loved the breed it's hard to recommend them because they were designed to break your heart.
Their average life span is about 7 years.  Really!  And remember that is an average, anywhere between 5-10 is "normal'
I lost them as young as 6 and as old as 9.  And they are the worst breed for bloat, too.
I feel kind of silly posting a pic of a deceased dog but here was one of my Danes, Oobie:

Carolyn

josbocc

Carolyn,

Look at those jowels..., what a beautiful pup.  We can rest easy knowing that they imparted a special part of themselves on us that we will never forget.

If you can find it in your heart, don't deprive yourself, and don't deprive a much deserving friend.  I know from experience that owning a pet, and working can leave you with limited time.  I gave away a beautiful Golden Retriever about 10 years ago because it was just me and him, and I was working 10 -12 hours a day.  In  retrospect, I would have kept him and just gave him that much more attention when I got home.

I hope you find another companion that will fill you life with Joy.

Jeff
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Caribou

Thanks Jeff,
It's so different for me now that I have a 6 year old daughter.  I had most my dogs before I had her so I didn't have to explain to her why a dog died after only 6 or 8 years.
I'm going to probably get a dog like you have or other sporting dog next time around.
I love Goldens and Labs!

Carolyn

josbocc

Carolyn,

6 year old daughters and Golden Retrievers go really well together.  Reminds me a little bit of a Pepsi commercial that was done about 20 years ago..., remember that one?

Jeff

DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Up In Smoke

this is really neat if you haven't seen it...
go to you tube and in the search bar type in carolyn scott and rookie.
besides the names sounding familiar this lady has a dancing golden retriever,
they dance to a song from grease....really cool.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Caribou

Oh my goodness!  What a dog!  Thanks for sharing that, I'm gonna pass that one along to all the dog lovers I know!
And Jeff you are so correct Goldens and kids do go together.
One of my friends have a pair and my daughter just loves them.
They are such a wonderful breed when it comes to temperment and that face!
Carolyn

seemore

Carolyn, Oobie is a beauty!  We have our picture of Dakota posted, and he has been gone since last November.....
We will be getting another Dobie one of these days/months/years.....
In the meantime, we love all the pictures/stories about everyone's dogs, cats, chickens.............
Keep those pictures and stories coming!!!

deb415611

Jeff,   Sage is a beauty.  I have a cat named Sage, she thinks she is a dog.  She plays fetch, she will fetch for an hour if you will throw for her.  She would probably give your Sage a run for her money. 

Carolyn,  Obie is a beauty also.  Don't feel silly, I also have my Nutmeg posted in this thread.

We are working on getting a pup.  We have decided to get a yellow lab.  My work schedule is crazy for another month so we can't get one until things slow down but are doing all the leg work.   We went to Petco yesterday and went puppy supply shopping.  My husband went to the toy aisle first ;D

Smoking Duck

Well, the pups are a couple days over three weeks old and they're really starting to develop physically and mentally.  They're now sitting on their own, running about a little and as pack animals go, trying to develop their status within the pack.  It's pretty funny watching them wrestle and trying to establish their dominance.  They even try to growl but it's hard to take it seriously when it's so high pitched.  But, when it's time to rest, it's time to rest and they're all in the big dog pile.

Look at the size of this chubmeister!

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Caribou

Quote from: deb415611 on March 16, 2009, 03:39:07 AM
Jeff,   Sage is a beauty.  I have a cat named Sage, she thinks she is a dog.  She plays fetch, she will fetch for an hour if you will throw for her.  She would probably give your Sage a run for her money. 

Carolyn,  Obie is a beauty also.  Don't feel silly, I also have my Nutmeg posted in this thread.

We are working on getting a pup.  We have decided to get a yellow lab.  My work schedule is crazy for another month so we can't get one until things slow down but are doing all the leg work.   We went to Petco yesterday and went puppy supply shopping.  My husband went to the toy aisle first ;D
Thanks Deb!
How exciting!  Hope we'll see your puppy pics soon, too!
Marc,
I think you're a "puppy enabler"!  Your adorable pups are all making us all want puppies!
Carolyn

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Caribou on March 16, 2009, 07:39:15 AM
Quote from: deb415611 on March 16, 2009, 03:39:07 AM

Thanks Deb!
How exciting!  Hope we'll see your puppy pics soon, too!
Marc,
I think you're a "puppy enabler"!  Your adorable pups are all making us all want puppies!
Carolyn

I am an evil man  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra