Doggie Pix

Started by seemore, January 08, 2009, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

I'll let you all in on a little secret.  Deb and I have been in negotiations for quite some time with regards to the puppies.  She has wanted one and was looking for just the right pup to fill her and her family's needs.  She really wanted a yellow female and I was very sad that we only had two yellow females in the litter and she was third on the list for a yellow female.  Well, some things got worked out and I've decided that I was going to go with a big yellow male (henceforth known as Bubba).  It is with great pleasure that I introduce to this great forum the newest member of Deb's family:  Saffron!  Deb is coming to pick her up on the weekend of the 18th, so I get to keep her for an extra week before she travels all the way up to the great northeast portion of the US.  Here's her official pic (the human is actually mine, my 8 year old daughter, Kennadee.  I tried to throw her in on the deal with Saffron but Deb said she was done with kids and wanted something easier  ;D)

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

deb415611

Quote from: Smoking Duck on March 24, 2009, 03:19:42 PM
  Here's her official pic (the human is actually mine, my 8 year old daughter, Kennadee.  I tried to throw her in on the deal with Saffron but Deb said she was done with kids and wanted something easier  ;D)

My husband just told our son that Kennadee is part of the bargain also.  I think you guys must be talking behind my back ;D

deb415611

Quote from: Caribou on March 16, 2009, 07:39:15 AM

Thanks Deb!
How exciting!  Hope we'll see your puppy pics soon, too!
Marc,
I think you're a "puppy enabler"!  Your adorable pups are all making us all want puppies!
Carolyn

Carolyn,

I felt bad ignoring your request for puppy pics  :(  but I left it up to Marc to spill the beans....

Here is one that Marc hasn't posted.  He captioned it  "I am WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!"

Smoking Duck

Oh, we talk, Deb.  WE TALK!  ;D ;D

Up In Smoke

congrats on the new family member deb!!!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Up In Smoke

SD
I warned ya! :D :D :D
2 Bradley OBS
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Smoking Duck

Deb and I have been in communication since I found out Steeler was pregnant......your order came in a little too late.  I'll be sure to put you on the waiting list for the next litter next year.  Steeler's gonna have one more litter and I'm going to keep a female from that litter and continue her lineage.  Then Steeler will be done.  Some folks will have 4 or more litters with a dog but I only like to do two.  I think it's hard on the dogs and Steeler is a working dog as well.  So, you'll be on the waiting list along with others who requested pups but we just didn't have enough to go around.

Up In Smoke

SD,
don't get me wrong i am just cutting up.
i am happy for deb and her family, when i saw her puppy pic under her name i was excited for her...
i have been watching her posts and hoping that she would get her pup.

kinda like when i was looking for a new handle....your were more than happy to interject Mrs.walleye.
no offense taken there.
we just gotta take it in stride!
2 Bradley OBS

Mr Walleye

Congrats Deb & family!

Saffron looks like she will make a great family addition!  ;)  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HCT

Debs, I know what you have been going through finding a pup. I don't mean just locating one but all of the research you put into this breed. You busted your buns learning about these gentle creatures.(the gentleness comes after the intial nips) :D :D :D You earned Saffron and I know you're going to be a great guardian for her. Don't forget the oversized bag when you pick Saffy up. ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

We are really excited  :) 

Quote from: HCT on March 25, 2009, 01:49:48 AM
Don't forget the oversized bag when you pick Saffy up. ;)
The crate is big enough for two :D we can adjust the divider as needed.  Though we have been joking about this for so long that I think Marc will be on the defensive, it will have to be planned carefully  :D. 

Caribou

Yay Deb!!
How exciting, I am so thrilled for you!
It's okay about the pics...hearing about it this way is so much funner!
I missed out on all of this because I've been dealing with chicks hatching in my incubator since Monday, they just finished this morning.
It's like being in labor for 3 days!  :D

Marc,
The puppies are looking adorable,
you sharing them with us on this forum has added a lot of sunshine in our lives!
Carolyn

Tenpoint5

Since everyone is in the puppy mode. I was looking around (Cause Momma told me to find it!) and found a Dog Treat recipe that I make. I know the name is kinda funny but just double the size of the batch and make the drops a little bigger on the cookie sheet for the bigger dogs. I also try to form the drops into a nugget shape. My Lab used to love 'em and the Jack/Rat can't get enough of them. Anyone can make these, its a great Sunday afternoon project to do with the kids or Grandkids.

Ankle Biter Peanut Butter Drops
(For those little guys out there)

3/4  cup flour 
1 egg 
1 tablespoon honey 
1 teaspoon  peanut butter 
1/4  cup  shortening 
1  teaspoon  baking soda 
1/4  cup rolled oats 
1/2  teaspoon vanilla 

1.   Heat honey and peanut butter in microwave until peanut butter is melted (about 20 seconds)
2.   Mix add remaining ingredients 
3.   Drop by 1/2 teaspoonful onto cookie sheet 
4.   Bake at 350 F for 8 to 10 minutes.

Store in a air tight container.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

HCT

Thanks 10.5, copied it to my files. I'll be baking it up soon.
The boys will like the change from the 30lbs of dried bananas we're working on. ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"