Doggie Pix

Started by seemore, January 08, 2009, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josbocc

Deb,

Congratulations!!!  As another member of this forum has put so eloquently, "She's a Keeper."  Enjoy your new friend  ;)

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Caribou

Hey Deb,
How are you going to keep yourself from wanting to sing the first couple of lines "Mellow Yellow" to your new puppy Saffron?
;)
I love her name!
Food names are cool for dogs.  Not for chickens though!  Every time my daughter gives a food name to a chicken something eats it.  She had "Cream Puff", "Cookie Crumb", and "Oreo Cookie" and they all go eaten by either coyotes or hawk.  She just named a new chicken "Cheese Puff" and told her not to grow too attached! I don't think that is a worry for a dog unless it's a yorkie or chihuahua.
Carolyn

deb415611

Quote from: Caribou on March 31, 2009, 08:32:35 AM
Hey Deb,
How are you going to keep yourself from wanting to sing the first couple of lines "Mellow Yellow" to your new puppy Saffron?
;)
I love her name!
Food names are cool for dogs.  Not for chickens though!  Every time my daughter gives a food name to a chicken something eats it.  She had "Cream Puff", "Cookie Crumb", and "Oreo Cookie" and they all go eaten by either coyotes or hawk.  She just named a new chicken "Cheese Puff" and told her not to grow too attached! I don't think that is a worry for a dog unless it's a yorkie or chihuahua.
Carolyn

HCT keeps mentioning the song and it has been stuck in my head for quite awhile.  I actually downloaded it to my phone the other day but haven't listened yet :)

Our dog that died in September was Nutmeg.  She was brindle with no white and looked just like the inside of a nutmeg, that is what got us started.  We also have Cocoa & Sage (cats, though Sage thinks she is a dog). 

Good luck to Cheese Puff, I hope Cheese Puff is not doomed.

We had a chicken once (thanks to the kindergarten teacher).  My son named her Fluffy.  Fluffy spent about six months with us and then moved to her winter home (my brother-in-laws farm).  Dick hated that chicken, it would run up to him and be underfoot because it thought it was a pet.  Dick was an old farmer type who didn't make friends with his animals

seemore

Sorry we have not been on the Forum in a while.  The reason is that we are "parents" again!  Here is our new Dobie, Tasha:

This picture was taken Saturday, after we got home with her.  She is from Hartland, Wisconsin;  not too far from Milwaukee.  She is so tiny compared to the big beasts we have had!
Scott took this one this morning:

Now that she is coming out of her shell, she is becoming quite the Diva!
This is the first time in our 24 years together that we have had a female dog;  it's nice to have more estrogen in the house versus testosterone!!!
I can't wait for obedience school to start, however!  

smokeitall

You guys want to see a real dog check this out.  This is what our girls did to our Maltese for Easter.  Don't worry it washes out.  The picture sucks a little I took it with my phone.  Fluffy weighs 5 lbs and is 6 months old.

Mr Walleye

Great lookin' addition to the family Mr & Mrs Seemore!  ;)  8)

Congrats!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

deb415611

Quote from: seemore on April 16, 2009, 06:15:35 PM

This is the first time in our 24 years together that we have had a female dog;  it's nice to have more estrogen in the house versus testosterone!!!
I can't wait for obedience school to start, however!  

Seemores -  that is awesome.  She is beautiful! 

Mrs.  -  that's why I have been getting females   ;D  Saffron will make us 4-3

We leave this afternoon to go pick up Saffron.  Dinner with SD, Mrs. SD & the ducklings tomorrow night, home on Sunday.  Puppy obedience starts next friday for us.

westexasmoker

Shes a beauty Seemore...Congrats!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

deb415611

Smokeitall -

Your dog is a trooper  :)

seemore

I love the pink fur!  I can't wait to see her on the Fourth of July!

seemore

Deb, give Saffron a BIG HUG from me!
Mrs.

deb415611

Quote from: seemore on April 17, 2009, 05:34:26 PM
Deb, give Saffron a BIG HUG from me!
Mrs.

Will do. It's too bad we are not all closer - we could have a dog get together!

We are a little over 1/2 way.  PA is a very wide state! We are almost through it! 

Left our kid at home, had teenagers showing up before we even got out the door.  No phone calls from our neighbor so I'm hoping every thing is under control.

deb415611

About 1/2 way home on Sunday:

All comfy at home:

Tenpoint5

Saffron looks quite comfy at home. With the meat hooks on the front of her she's gonna be a big girl.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

josbocc

Deb,

That's one beautiful little girl.  10.5 is right, those paws are telling a tale.  Reminds me a little bit of my first yellow lab, Shelby.  Her ears flopped over her front legs when she slept too.

Congratulations,

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!