Doggie Pix

Started by seemore, January 08, 2009, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

Great looking Scotties Ky. They say that people take on the looks of their dogs. :D :D :D
I should be that lucky. :)
Thanks Deb and seemore.
Go for it Giz. I've had a couple of other breeds when I was growing up and was real attahed to them. One thing I've learned though, LABS rule. They are "true brothers of the heart." :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

HCT

Here's a missing pic of my fifth that I can't fit in.

Another of my beloved Zorro

probably the biggest"

Gizmo

We get to doggie sit from time to time which works for me  ;D.

Good thing is when you want to take off for the weekend, no arrangements need to be made.

Allie hoping for a handout.  Just ask her if she is "begging" and she will drop her head in shame.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

deb415611

This was our sweet pup, Nutmeg.  She died at the end of September.  She was 1/2 lab & 1/2 boxer.  This picture was taken about 5 years ago but it so represents the goof that she was.......   

I work from home and that was her bed in my office.

Smoking Duck

Those are awesome, Giz and Deb.  They both look like they have mischief in their eyes  ;) :)

Deb, I also have a home office and that's right where Steeler would be (unless of course, I went into the house and then she was there).  The last couple of years at my old job, I put about 70,000 miles per year on my vehicle driving for work.  I'll bet she was with me for about 50,000 of those.  She absolutely loves to go driving with me and gets so ticked off at me if I even think about putting her in the back of the Envoy  ;D 

No other dog will be able to replace Nutmeg but I hope you get another one soon so as to share in the memories like you did with Nutmeg. 

I was out plowing my driveway today and I noticed a dog that I haven't seen before out by the barn.  I then went down the street about half a mile (got a couple of seasoned citizens that I plow as well as they can't get out and do it anymore) and plowed some more.  They are the nicest folks in the world and always try to pay me but I keep telling them that karma wouldn't allow me to take any money.  The funny thing is they think that Karma is my wife  ;D ;D.  They keep telling me to tell that Karma that she can allow me to take money (I always giggle when they say that).  Anyways, that dog followed me down the street and just watched me plow the driveways.  I never could get that dog to come close enough to really get a good ID on what type but appears to be a mixed breed.  Just hope someone didn't drop it off in the country to fend for itself.  I'll keep a watch out and see if I can't figure out whose it may be or if it's a stray.  Just hate to see stray pets and Steeler always loves to be around other dogs, so if worse comes to worse, just may have to put out a second bowl of food.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

deb415611

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 09, 2009, 10:17:58 AM
Those are awesome, Giz and Deb.  They both look like they have mischief in their eyes  ;) :)

No other dog will be able to replace Nutmeg but I hope you get another one soon so as to share in the memories like you did with Nutmeg. 

Nope, no other dog will replace her.   She was my first dog.  We are going to get a lab pup in the spring.  We went back & forth about getting a second dog about a year ago and never did it.  So maybe two pups.  I'd like to do a rescue dog but we have three cats and the situation would have to be perfect. 

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 09, 2009, 10:17:58 AM

They are the nicest folks in the world and always try to pay me but I keep telling them that karma wouldn't allow me to take any money.  The funny thing is they think that Karma is my wife  ;D ;D.  They keep telling me to tell that Karma that she can allow me to take money (I always giggle when they say that).

SD

you are so bad!!!

Caneyscud

Ok, enough of the doggie pix.  - If I can't have one you can't enjoy yours so much!  ;D Our Irish Setter of 14 years died 14 years ago, and I haven't been allowed a dog since.   :'( Cats are another thing - all strays and rescues.  In fact there is one that comes once or twice a day for a meal - has been doing that for about 6 years, and we still haven't been able to get within 3 foot of her (actually a he in all probability).   The indoor cat - is 13 years old and was a rescue off what is now my best friend's deck when she was a little over a week old.  Had to hand feed her for a few weeks.  I'm not really a cat person, but the cats think I am.  They have all taken a liking to me and want to park in my lap as soon as I sit down.  Irritates my daughter and wife to no end! hehe!

Shakespeare
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

Now, that's a pretty chocolate, FL.  How old?

As far as cats go.......we've got two that reside in the house......someone had thrown them in a dumpster when they were kittens so I crawled in the dumpster and fished them out.  Now, I'm not really a cat person and neither is the wife.  However, we live in the country and my wife HATES mice.  So, as my buddy, Consigs, pointed out......the enemy of my enemy is my friend  ;D  Now, the kids are so attached to them that I couldn't get rid of them if I wanted to (which I don't).  It's fun to watch Steeler and the cats interact.  Labs love just about everything but the cats, not so much  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Gizmo

Beautiful Chocolate there FLB.  What is her/his name?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

WOW FBL, what a beautiful chocolate. Gorgeous head and face. As you know a great looking chocolate is hard to find. You found one. :) :) :)
probably the biggest"

FLBentRider

That's Ruger, He was 4 in that picture, he is six now.

I had a Yellow lab for 14 years before Ruger. Problem with the chocolate was that we sort of chose house colors based on the yellow. so now the chocolate fur shows bad... lots of vacuuming and blading.

Ruger is a thief. He will break out of the yard and steal stuff from other yards and bring it home. Gloves, shoes....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

Quote from: HCT on January 10, 2009, 04:36:10 AM
WOW FBL, what a beautiful chocolate. Gorgeous head and face. As you know a great looking chocolate is hard to find. You found one. :) :) :)

After showing this thread to my husband we spent last night looking at breeder websites.  He has switched from wanting a yellow to chocolate.  Then we looked here again & FL's pup was here ;D.  We found two breeders nearby that based on the websites we want to check out.  

HCT

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 10, 2009, 04:45:08 AM
That's Ruger, He was 4 in that picture, he is six now.

I had a Yellow lab for 14 years before Ruger. Problem with the chocolate was that we sort of chose house colors based on the yellow. so now the chocolate fur shows bad... lots of vacuuming and blading.

Ruger is a thief. He will break out of the yard and steal stuff from other yards and bring it home. Gloves, shoes....

Yeah, but can he "counter surf"? :D :D :D :D :D
probably the biggest"

HCT

Giz, Alli is beautiful. I know that look only too well. :D :D

deb, was Nutmeg waiting for her belly rub? So sweet. :)
probably the biggest"