Doggie Pix

Started by seemore, January 08, 2009, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKnowWood

Here are my two friends.  The chocolate Knucle head is done, 13 yr old when we lost him in Fall 2007.  A few months before father in law.  We think the dog's loss helped us prepare for him.

the Black is one is 12 now and loving the attention.  She is smaller but has arthritis.  Meds and shots help that.  We know is not to long but she is still happy and enjoys being near us. 

IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Smoking Duck

Great video, 10.5!  I wouldn't let the other pups see that........Roxie would be tormented for being beat up by a cat ;D  Now, if it was a siamese cat, I could understand......those things are mean!  I once watched a small dog chase a siamese around a house when I was growing up......when they came back around the other side, the cat was chasing the dog.  Now, Siamese cats scare the poop outta me  :o

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Smoking Duck

Great looking labs, IKnowWood!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 14, 2009, 04:49:13 PM
Great video, 10.5!  I wouldn't let the other pups see that........Roxie would be tormented for being beat up by a cat ;D  Now, if it was a siamese cat, I could understand......those things are mean!  I once watched a small dog chase a siamese around a house when I was growing up......when they came back around the other side, the cat was chasing the dog.  Now, Siamese cats scare the poop outta me  :o

Roxie has growd up abit. Cat's head now fits and is usually in her mouth during their play time.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

stillsmoking

Thanks for the nice comments, Duck, HCT and SS!  There is a little more to Buddy's story.  I was out giving him some exercise out in the muskeg one day and another guy happened to be out there walking around.  He said that he used to have a dog that looked just like Buddy and his name was Buddy also.  It was his first abusive owner.  Toughest moment of my life, I have no use for people who abuse animals.  I had to turn and leave quickly, didn't settle down for hours.

You are right Duck, Buddy mostly looks like a lab but has a little more delicate head inherited from his mother, a blue Australian Shepherd.  Buddy has that nice mellow Lab attitude with the playfullness and clever way of approaching things that he got from mom.  It's a good mix.

SS, gentle giant is a good description.  Buddy is 95 pounds of hair and tail but doesn't have a mean bone in his body.  I really don't think he would bite even to protect us, it just isn't in him.  He puts himself between my daughter and any perceived danger and I know that anything coming at her would have to take Buddy first.  Having said that she has pushed him around from the time she was tiny and he pretends to not like it but if she makes a move or a squeak he is there.

HCT, Buddy definitely has the Lab body and general confirmation.  You can't see it well in these pictures but he has a Lab type body with some very nice blue/grey markings throughout his coat.  Just a darn good looking dog.  His one drawback is he sheds like a Lab, manufactures his weight in loose hair every day.  Wish I could discover his secret, I lose it almost as quickly as him but it doesn't come back!

Great pictures and stories everyone!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: stillsmoking on January 14, 2009, 05:24:15 PM
Wish I could discover his secret, I lose it almost as quickly as him but it doesn't come back!

I lost it quickly, too, SS.  Fortunately, my back caught it.  I can do one heck of a combover with my back hair though  :o ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 14, 2009, 05:27:32 PM
Quote from: stillsmoking on January 14, 2009, 05:24:15 PM
Wish I could discover his secret, I lose it almost as quickly as him but it doesn't come back!

I lost it quickly, too, SS.  Fortunately, my back caught it.  I can do one heck of a combover with my back hair though  :o ;D

That's way more than I needed to know Duck!!  ;D

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

stillsmoking

I just start at the ears and comb up! ;)

Smoking Duck

You know that grass doesn't grow on a playground, right?  ;D  I just tell the kids that it's a solar panel for a secks machine  ;D

Now, more dog pics!  I love seeing the pics of the beloved pets!

seemore

Stillsmokin', Buddy is a beautiful dog!  10.5, I love the video!  That cat has to be three times the size of that little dog!  I love it!

KyNola

That is a great video.  That is a large cat...Maine Coon?

KyNola

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on January 14, 2009, 07:36:44 PM
That is a great video.  That is a large cat...Maine Coon?

KyNola

Larry more like Street Stray found outside of the school in the winter as a kitten 5 years ago. She is only about 8-10lbs in the video. Roxie was just that small. But she never backed down even when C-A-T sat on her. That is the cats name spell cat.

HCT

10.5, too funny.

StillSmoking, when I look at my rescues, I still loose it. At least they're home, safe with me.

IKnowWood, beautiful. Yeah that arthritis is a heartbreaker. One of mine has a touch of it, right now I'm just keeping an eye on it. Great faces on both, the black girl's is beautiful, reminds me of my Zorro. No greater love than that of an older lab. ;) :)   
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

IKnowWood

HCT, the black lab is a beauty.  We love her.  She has learned how to suck up real good she has this innocent look then picks up her paw and taps my leg.  We knew from when we got her at 8 weeks she would have problems.  Vet told us then to take her bad to the breeder, we could not.  We knew how that would end and could not part with her.  Vet did help her back then by telling us to mix 50% puppy food with 50% adult food and use that mix to feed her.  It would slow her growth and help the joints fit the body better and not get to big.  Much better for her bones to grow in.  She is a wonderful friend.  Mostly grey these days than black. 
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

HCT

IKnowWood, I had problems with my first, Troubles, he had seizures all night long the first day he was home. He suggested contacting the breeder also. The breeder said he would take him back but not pay the vet bills. Sure, I would have given him back only to be put down. Luckily there hasn't been any problems since, 10yrs. Knock on wood. No pun intended. :D :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"