Doggie Pix

Started by seemore, January 08, 2009, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

Well, I just made the garage all toasty for Steeler.  Whne I bought the house, the garage was uninsulated, however, it had a furnace in it.  It's a nice big two story garage.  So, I finished the downstairs portion (we only use the upstairs for storage).  The previous owner, however, did not put a return duct in the furnace, so I would blow through a 100 gallon tank of propane in about 5 days with really cold weather.  So, tonight, I ran a return duct from the furnace down to the downstairs portion of the garage.  It's running like a champ and I can keep it nice and toasty in there for her.  Normally, she stays in the house with us, but during the night, I keep her in the whelping box just in case she should decide to throw those pups in the middle of the night.  If she were to do it in the middle of the living room floor, well, let's just say Momma Duck would be looking for a new drake  ;D  Never done any HVAC work before, but I may have to add this to my resume. 

Steeler sure looks like she's ready to go at any time.  It seems like she's getting bigger by the minute and her teets are getting fuller and fuller.  The kids made the comment that they look like Mom's and man, was Momma angry  :D  They did say that Mom's don't sag as much, so there was some good in the statement.  Well, if I can make it through being unemployed and that statement by the kids, I figure I'm good to go!

I'll post pics as soon as she spits them out.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

deb415611

I can't wait to see pics.   I have been showing the posts here & the blog to my husband and yesterday when I picked up the computer he even asked if there were any puppies yet :)

Smoking Duck

Quote from: deb415611 on February 20, 2009, 04:08:07 AM
I can't wait to see pics.   I have been showing the posts here & the blog to my husband and yesterday when I picked up the computer he even asked if there were any puppies yet :)

I think something is getting ready to happen.  When I went to let her out this morning, she usually does her business and then heads straight for the door for the house.  Today, she went staright back for the door to the garage, which is where her whelping box is as if to tell me she needed to be in there.  I'm probably reading way more into it but I just get the feeling we'll be there soon!

Caribou

I think your right, I think she's ready to go, too.
Have you been taking her temperature?  I forgot if it's a drop or spike your looking for but it indicates about 24 hours to go.
My dog had puppies a long, long time ago, she started seeking the whelping box the last day or two.
Good luck!
Carolyn

Smoking Duck

Thanks Carolyn!  Haven't taken her temp....just gonna wait and let Mother Nature take her course.  I'll got out and check on her every hour and will update as soon as it happens.  I got to thinking that if I'm this giddy with pups, what the hell will I be like when my kids have kids?  I'm gonna be a mess!  :o

Smoking Duck

Steeler had her first one at about noon today.  I'll post all the pics to my blog as the pups come out.  Pics of the first one and following can be found here:

http://lacosasmokestra.blogspot.com/

Woohoooooooooo!  This is fun!  Not sure it's as much fun for Steeler, but it's fun for me!

deb415611

Congratulations Steeler!!!!!!!!!

Smoking Duck

Momma's doing great.......but she sure is taking her time getting these pups out.  I'd like it to be lickety split but I guess it can sometimes be an hour or two between pups.  YIKES!

deb415611

Go to school & dismiss the kids between pups!

HCT

STEELER, STEELER, STEELER, STEELER, STEELER, you rock girl :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

Update:  We now have three!  One black and 2 yellow!  Pics are on my blog, which can be accessed in my signature line!  Momma's doing great!

Caribou

Wow!!  How exciting!
How many girls and boys so far?
I've been at work watching this.
It took me a while to find out what my password was so I could say something since I'm not on my own computer.
Hang in there grandpa!
Carolyn

Smoking Duck

2 more blacks have been born for 5 total so far.  3 Black, 2 Yellow.  Pics updated on blog.

Thanks!  I'm getting worn out already!  ;D :o

KyNola

Congratulations Steeler!!  5 and still counting.  Would someone please revive the Duck as I am confident he has passed out by now.

Nothing cuter than puppies Marc.

KyNola

Mr Walleye

Outstanding Steeler!

Keep up the reports Grampa Marc!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes