Doggie Pix

Started by seemore, January 08, 2009, 02:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

P U P P I E S !!!

Congrats SD!

I've only every been on the stud end of those transactions. Never had a female dog. Bred my Yellow with a black and got one DOZEN black puppies.

Where's the Chocolate ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HCT

I guess everything has quited down for Steeler, hopefully, she got a little rest but that's doubtful. It's great to see that she had a easy delivery and she is doing a great job as a new momma. Now the real fun begins. ;) :D Good thoughts are out for the both of you.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

Quote from: FLBentRider on February 21, 2009, 03:52:06 AM

Where's the Chocolate ?

I kept waiting for one to pop out........even after 9 and she was done, I took a flashlight and shined it up there, but there weren't any  ;D  I had a buddy that was looking for a chocolate female but it wasn't to be.  I was happy to see some yellow myself.  Steeler was one of 14 from a chocolate mother and all 14 were black!

Quote from: HCT on February 21, 2009, 04:04:24 AM
I guess everything has quited down for Steeler, hopefully, she got a little rest but that's doubtful. It's great to see that she had a easy delivery and she is doing a great job as a new momma. Now the real fun begins. ;) :D Good thoughts are out for the both of you.

Everything has quieted down, except for the whines of the little ones but that is music to my ears!  Thanks for everything, Mike! I'll update the puppy pics as they get older for all.

Marc

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

HCT

;) :)
I bet you did shine that flashlight on her. :D :D :D
God bless, Marc, Steeler.
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

Kind of a sad way to start the day but the runt of the litter didn't make it through the night.  Steeler was hiding the little guy and when I checked on them, found the little one not moving and unresponsive.  I guess this is all part of the circle of life as well, but not really the fun part.

deb415611

HCT

Damn, Marc, I felt like I just got hit in the stomach. I was pulling for him. :(
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

The way I look at it, perhaps Mother Nature knew ahead of time and figured it would be better to take the little guy now rather than have someone get really attached to him and have it hurt much more later.  Everything happens for a reason..we don't always know why but then, why should we have to know why? 

The other 8 are doing real well.  They're feeding and sleeping.  Poor Steeler........can't even get her to come out of her box to eat or drink.  I'll go back in an hour and pull the pups off if she doesn't want to come out herself.  Momma's gotta take care of herself to take care of the kids.

Caribou

So sorry to hear about the little runt.
You're right, it makes it easier to lose him now.
There was a reason he didn't develop has big as the others.
But it doesn't make it any easier on your heart.
Carolyn

KyNola

Marc,
I'm sorry to hear about the runt not making it through but as you said, circle of life.  Congrats on the other 8 being healthy.

All the best.

KyNola

seemore

Ah, Marc, we are so sorry.
Yes, it's the cycle of life, but sometimes the cycle of life just plain old sucks.
Here's to Mommy and the other eight little ones.
You hang in there too, GrandDad.

June & Scott

Smoking Duck

Thanks, J&S.

Here's a couple more pics.

The first is with two that were still at the watering hole and the other 6 had had their fill and were taking in the sun on the beach.  They sure are cute little buggers even with their eyes closed.  :D

Tenpoint5

Hey a little late to the party but congrats there Grandpa. Looks like Steeler did well.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Up In Smoke

congrats sd,
i wish i were closer i sure could use one of those female yeller pups!!!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Smoking Duck

Yea, you'd have to get in a long line........I get the first yellow female.  Truth be told, I haven't even taken the time to see how many males and females I have yet.  Probably do that the next time I go out there.  That Steeler is one dedicated mama.  She hasn't even bothered to get up to eat or drink.  So, I've been holding her water and food dish and she's eating out of my hands.  God bless her!