Pucks Not moving

Started by Wolverinesmoker, May 27, 2014, 11:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolverinesmoker

Hi All,

For some reason my pucks are not moving. Any tips on a fix. I went to yardpool.com and I did not see a replacement for the mechanism that moves the puck. I have replaced things before, but I have never opened the smoke generator. Has this ever happened to anyone. Please tell me I don't have to buy a whole new smoke generator.

Habanero Smoker

What model do you have?

Do you hear the motor run when you try a manual feed? There could be a couple of reasons the bisquettes are not feeding. If the motor has failed you will not hear it when you press the manual feed. If your feeder tube is not straight this will also prevent the bisquettes from feeding. If the rail guides are out of alignment, a few bisquettes will cycle through then get caught on the guiderail. Depending on your model; you should check the fuse if you do not see any indicator lights on.

Below is a link that describes how to open and clean the generator:
How to Clean the Generator

More trouble shooting tips:
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wolverinesmoker

I have the four rack non digital original smoker. I definitely cannot hear the motor running when I tried to do a manual feed. I had to put a manually push the pucks every 20 min or so. The button does not move them either. I can actually hear the mechanism slide back and forth when I tilt the smoke generator. I will have to open it up and play with it and see what I can figure out. Thanks for the help.

Habanero Smoker

If you have the New Original Bradley Smoker, the generator opens differently. The side panel should slide up to give you access to the generator.

If the troubleshooting tips do not help, give Bradley  a call.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

cathouse willy

If you can hear the slide [pusher] mechanism moving back and forth when you tip the gen something is fishy. Take it apart and have a good look.The puck pusher mechanism shouldn't move without the motor spinning.