Duck

Started by car54, January 09, 2009, 11:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

The duck does look good. I purchase a duck today. It's frozen so I have to wait for it to thaw out, and wait for a couple of more snow storms to pass through before I get around to doing mine.

I also will probably use 1:40 - 2:00 hours of smoke.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tsquared

Ducks are on sale here in lotus land! I'll have to grab a couple and give it a try.
T2

NoCaSmoka

Tried this on Thanksgiving.  Marinated one duck in a Hawaiian teriyaki product (Aloha brand) and cold smoked for 2 hours over apple pucks.  Marinated another in a Thai concoction (garlic, ginger, green onions, lime juice, lemon grass, soy sauce, fish sauce, coriander).  Didn't smoke this one.

Then slow baked 'em for 5 hours.  Basted the smoked duck with soy sauce/maple syrup/garlic/ginger glaze.  Basted the Thai with soy sauce/lime juice/honey/garlic/ginger/curry paste.  Basted 'em during the last 45 minutes or so.

10 folks said they were the best duck they had ever had.  (Out of 10 guests!)  One couple had recently returned from Maui and had eaten a signature duck dish at David Paul's restaurant (v-e-r-y nice restaurant) and this was better.  The smoked one had noticeable, but not over-powering smoked flavor.

So, this may be a late reply to an old thread, but...

Thank you.  Thank you.  THANK YOU!!
Chris in Pair-O'-Dice

car54

NoCaSmoka,

I am glad for your success. I have been trying to do it again and I think in the near future I will.

Brad